Copying Video Productions

rbwent

Question

Hello.

I was wondering if there was a way to copy an ENTIRE project and paste it in a new production. What I mean is, when I try to copy, I click "select all" and it only selects the video clips. None of the audio songs and sound effects I've added to the production are selected to be copied. I was hoping there was a way to copy ALL of it, so I wouldn't have to copy everything (video, audio, etc.) seperately. If it was all done seperately, I would have to realine all of the music and sound effects that were placed in a specific position and place in the movie. Many thanks.

4 answers to this question

Okay sorry about that one. I wasn't thinking that night. Thanks for answering it anyway though. Gosh, I can't believe I didn't think of that.

How about just doing a File\ Save as... and giving the production a new name.

The original production will remain unchanged, but you can change the new one.

Guest mlpasley
Okay sorry about that one. I wasn't thinking that night. Thanks for answering it anyway though. Gosh, I can't believe I didn't think of that

No problem. Sometimes the solutions are so easy that we overlook them.

I routinely keep two copies of any production that I'm working on. That way if the production file becomes corrupt which can happen occasionally, I've got a backup.

Guest mlpasley

How about just doing a File\ Save as... and giving the production a new name.

The original production will remain unchanged, but you can change the new one.

That's a really good idea! Now that I have a larger drive, I think I might just do that, just in case...

Um, I know I asked this before, but I don't know if whoever I asked knew for sure at the time. Does EMC 8 have an improved VideoWave, or did it stay the same. I'm assuming it's VideoWave 8 now; I hope, because I may upgrade. Thanks.

No problem. Sometimes the solutions are so easy that we overlook them.

I routinely keep two copies of any production that I'm working on. That way if the production file becomes corrupt which can happen occasionally, I've got a backup.

Archived