• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Settings Dialog Box

latinangel_13@yahoo.com

Question

How can I get into the settings dialog box? I go to view and the settings is greyed out. I know that there is a disclaimer at the top of the help files, but I read this other message and this is what it said, "When you are on the menu (no buttons selected) press ctrl-R to get to the hidden "Settings" dialog...". I tried pressing ctrl-R and nothing happens. WHY is the settings dialog greyed out (hidden) and how can I use it???

THnx! :)

11 answers to this question

Thnx! In addition to figuring out how to link movies/slideshows to plain words/sentence and changing the little icon to the side of the selected link to sort of whatever I want, I also was able to get to the Settings Dialog Box, where I can access all of the button settings! Thnx again for the "ideas" I have picked up from reading your replies!!! :)

Ok. Thank you! I also have a question about VideoWave 8. What settings whould I chose to get the best picture when rendering what I have done into a movie? When I chose the DVD PLAYBACk and then BEST, I can't hear the audio and the video is also pixelated. What settings are the best so that I can get the best (sharpest) picture with little pixel distortion? :)

For the best quality, keep the video under 1 hour. This is a limitation for all video editing software. Anything over that must be compressed more for it to fit. More compression causes poor quality.

Can't hear the audio during preview or there is no audio on the final, burned DVD?

For the best quality, keep the video under 1 hour. This is a limitation for all video editing software. Anything over that must be compressed more for it to fit. More compression causes poor quality.

Can't hear the audio during preview or there is no audio on the final, burned DVD?

You CAN hear audio during the preview, but on the final burned DVD, there is NO audio.

I also have one LAST question. :) Ok, now, when I open VideoWave8, the little toolbar just under the preview section and above the timeline, where you can click play, stop, etc. is gone. Where/How can I get it back?!?

videowave8.jpg

Most display problems can be fixed by updating your video card drivers. What video card do you have?

The audio - I'm not sure.

I'm not sure what video card I have [NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200] but I don't think it's that because it used to work. Just now, when I open it, it doesn't come up. There isn't a a setting or somewhere I can go to enable/disable that toolbar?

I'm not sure what video card I have [NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200] but I don't think it's that because it used to work. Just now, when I open it, it doesn't come up. There isn't a a setting or somewhere I can go to enable/disable that toolbar?

If runing checks for spyware/adware/malware doesn't help (those can reek havoc with Videowave), it may be possible the media manager database is corrupt. Try the following.

That is a very common problem.

Removing the existing Media Manager database so it can be rebuilt:

(Note that the folder is a "hidden" one, so you may need to change your folder option settings to show hidden files & folders)

a. Close all open applications, especially Roxio applications

b. Open 'my computer'

c. Double click on the 'C:' drive and browse to 'C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Roxio' where 'USERNAME' is the name of the user you are currently logged in as.

d. Right click on the 'MediaManager8' folder and choose rename

e. Call the folder 'MediaManager8.old'

f. Now open Videowave and see if that helped.

The above process will not harm anything even if this is not the problem. A new MediaManager8 folder will be created when you reboot open EMC.

Sounds like you have an interesting setup. Had a friend that once had a Gateway DVD player with ethernet card. He ripped all his movies to DivX and had server software on the PC that sent the files to the DVD player. Worked quite well. I don't recall that setup having chapter mark ability either. I think the sosftware just had a preset 'skip ahead' time built-in.

Archived