Making a clip from MP3

dodgecrib

Question

I am trying to make a short clip, about 20 sec. from songs to put on my cell for ringtones. I tried the EMC9 ringtone maker but each time I try to send the ringtone to my phone the program says " send failed please make smaller clip" I tried a clip as small as 2 sec and it still failed. So,,,, I wanted to edit a audio track and make it a shorter clip but I cant figure that out either. Im sure it's simple to make a MP3 clip from a song but I can't figure out how to do it in the audio edit program.

Thanks, BILL

3 answers to this question

I am trying to make a short clip, about 20 sec. from songs to put on my cell for ringtones. I tried the EMC9 ringtone maker but each time I try to send the ringtone to my phone the program says " send failed please make smaller clip" I tried a clip as small as 2 sec and it still failed. So,,,, I wanted to edit a audio track and make it a shorter clip but I cant figure that out either. Im sure it's simple to make a MP3 clip from a song but I can't figure out how to do it in the audio edit program.

Thanks, BILL

What phone is it and what format does it take? Not all phones use the same format. How are you sending it to the phone - USB connection, blue tooth or other? Do you have space on your phone for additional ringtones? Are you sending it to the right folder?

What phone is it and what format does it take? Not all phones use the same format. How are you sending it to the phone - USB connection, blue tooth or other? Do you have space on your phone for additional ringtones? Are you sending it to the right folder?

It's brand new, it's the razr 2 V9, I hace a micro sd card in the phone and EMC( trys to send it through the phone # , I guess it sends it to me via message, if there is an option to just pull it to the file on the card I would try that or to just save the clip and I can insert it then. I only saw the option to have it sent through the phone via the phone #.

It's brand new, it's the razr 2 V9, I hace a micro sd card in the phone and EMC( trys to send it through the phone # , I guess it sends it to me via message, if there is an option to just pull it to the file on the card I would try that or to just save the clip and I can insert it then. I only saw the option to have it sent through the phone via the phone #.

Don't use Ringtone Maker if you have EMC 9.

Yes, that device will take the mp3 files and according to the manufacturer, it has

"Connectivity featuring Micro USB, USB 2.0 Full Speed, USB mass storage and version 2.0 Bluetooth wireless technology with Enhanced Data Rate2

Have you tried connecting the device to your computer using a USB device or simply a card reader? Check out your manual.

Use Sound editor to make your clip and then use Music Disc Creator to output it to your portable device . That options will be enabled when you have your phone connected.

Archived