• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

What is EMC9's Latest Version

tihso

Question

I see people making references to EMC9.1. My version is 9.0.088.Ro3. When I click for check for updates is says none are available. Am I running the latest version?

The transition jitter when using 3D transitiions drive me crazy. The jury seems to still be out on which video card corrects that issue (if it is in fact a video card issue.) I have been hoping for an update to EMC9 to fix that bug. Does anyone know if EMC 10 fixes it?

Sorry for the dual questions but the message board/EMC10 announcement overstimulated my mind.

Tihso

22 answers to this question

If you render, using software render, you lose the 3-D transitions. That doesn't bother me, because I don't normally use them, but it may not be a viable workaround for those who want them.

Thanks for catching my mistake Bruce... compared to you I'm a real Noob.

I'll talk to our video team to make sure this stays at the top of our list to iron out this issue.

Tom

Thanks for catching my mistake Bruce... compared to you I'm a real Noob.

I'll talk to our video team to make sure this stays at the top of our list to iron out this issue.

Tom

Tom, tell them to talk to NVidia. There may be some small flaw in their drivers. I can't even use the latest ones, because they junk up a lot on some of my graphics stuff.

If you render, using software render, you lose the 3-D transitions. That doesn't bother me, because I don't normally use them, but it may not be a viable workaround for those who want them.

And for everyone's information that just doesn't happen to a particular few users. Running software rendering looses the 3D Transitions. Thanks for the reminder Bruce.

Frank...

9.1 is not out yet and is supposed to be out soon. However, I don't think you'll see any differences in 9.1 concerning your problem. In fact, in testing v10, some testers still had that problem. It does seem to be more prevalent with the Nvidia cards.

Thanks Paul.

I would buy a video card if I knew which one to buy. When I installed the FX5200 I thought that would cure all my woes in Videowave. It cured some but not the jitters.

Sure wish Roxio would come out with something definitive about graphics cards.

Tihso

9.1 is not out yet and is supposed to be out soon. However, I don't think you'll see any differences in 9.1 concerning your problem. In fact, in testing v10, some testers still had that problem. It does seem to be more prevalent with the Nvidia cards.

I purchased a box version of EMC v9 on Aug 30, 2007 from Roxio and I received v 9.1, and when I clicked on the updates button I received a copy of MY Backup PC v7 for free. I don't know why they would release the update on the disks version and not on the update download site.

Thanks Paul.

I would buy a video card if I knew which one to buy. When I installed the FX5200 I thought that would cure all my woes in Videowave. It cured some but not the jitters.

Sure wish Roxio would come out with something definitive about graphics cards.

Tihso

I installed an ATI card and got rid of the jitters. I got it on sale and with a rebate so it cost me $105 (US). It is a better card but does require its own power supply line and a bigger power supply (which I already had).

No one has been able to show that ATI has has fewer jitters than Nvidia since I don't think anyone has done a direct comparison of equivelent cards.

I installed an ATI card and got rid of the jitters. I got it on sale and with a rebate so it cost me $105 (US). It is a better card but does require its own power supply line and a bigger power supply (which I already had).

No one has been able to show that ATI has has fewer jitters than Nvidia since I don't think anyone has done a direct comparison of equivelent cards.

I did a comparison on my two computers. The computer, with the ATI card, does not have the jitters. My main computer, with the high end NVidia card, does have the jitters. NVidia cards are a problem, but I think the real problem is a combination of NVidia's lousy drivers and the software.

You didn't exactly receive it 'for free' There was a problem with the original version in Vista where BUMP didn't install - the 'free' version you received was the Vista compatible one. It was there all the time in XP

Well, I thought it was free because in v9.1 bump was not included.

Thanks to all for the informative banter. Good news from Tom at Roxio regarding 9.1 however by the way he was talking we will still have the jitters after this release. (pun intended)

Also thanks for pointing out to Tom that using S/W rendering eliminates the ability to use 3D trannies. I need those transitions.

Bruce and Patty hit the nail on the head. Nvidia and Roxio need to have a meeting of the minds. Roxio could help by listing requirements that point out to users that they need a certain video card or other h/w to make all the features work as advertised. As an example I purchased a peripheral video card to fix one problem but didn't fix the jitters. Had I known I would have bought the ATI instead of laying out $100 for an Nvidia that won't cut it.

Hoping the new release fixes it.

Thanks to all on the thread.

I see people making references to EMC9.1. My version is 9.0.088.Ro3. When I click for check for updates is says none are available. Am I running the latest version?

The transition jitter when using 3D transitiions drive me crazy. The jury seems to still be out on which video card corrects that issue (if it is in fact a video card issue.) I have been hoping for an update to EMC9 to fix that bug. Does anyone know if EMC 10 fixes it?

Sorry for the dual questions but the message board/EMC10 announcement overstimulated my mind.

Tihso

The latest version of Easy Media Creator 9 is 9.1. A free update to version 9.1 will be available for Easy Media Creator 9.0 customers within the next week.

The jitter during 3D transitions is noticed by some people using certain graphics hardware. To eliminate the problem select "Render Using: software" in the options menu of VideoWave.

Tom

I am using an MSI NX8600GTS OC (factory overclocked) PCI-Ex16 graphics card with NVidia drivers and don't have any problems with jitters when attempting to run EMC 9.0. I use this card to play World in Conflict (a computer game with very heavy graphics) and it is DX10 capable. You can get one on newwegg.com for $133 after the mail-in rebate. Also, NVidia has released a new beta driver. Always, always, always look for the power required to run the video card you want to buy and at your current psu. This gets a lot of people into trouble when they neglect to do this.

Happy card shopping!!!

I installed an ATI card and got rid of the jitters.

Scuse Me, could you explain that a bit better?

cd

The latest version of Easy Media Creator 9 is 9.1. A free update to version 9.1 will be available for Easy Media Creator 9.0 customers starting tomorrow.

The jitter during 3D transitions is noticed by some people using certain graphics hardware. To eliminate the problem select "Render Using: software" in the options menu of VideoWave.

Tom

Exactly my thoughts, Bruce. I feel it needs to be fixed. :(

Archived