Unlinked movie

Eugenia

Question

I hope someone can help me with information for fixing an error message "Unlinked movie". I have four separate videowave productions that I have placed in My DVD menu. I understand I can set it up to play each of the four in order. I have put in a new unlinked button and it should link to the first of the four videowave movies. When I go to burn the DVD - I get a "unlinked movie" error message and warning. Anyone have any ideas? I have been working on this all day and cannot figure this out. What am I doing right or wrong? Many thanks... Eugenia :mellow:

My computer is a Pentium ® 4

CPU 3.00 GHZ

1.50 GB Ram

Nvidia Grahics Card GE Forcemx4000

Using Easy Media Creator 9

6 answers to this question

I hope someone can help me with information for fixing an error message "Unlinked movie". I have four separate videowave productions that I have placed in My DVD menu. I understand I can set it up to play each of the four in order. I have put in a new unlinked button and it should link to the first of the four videowave movies. When I go to burn the DVD - I get a "unlinked movie" error message and warning. Anyone have any ideas? I have been working on this all day and cannot figure this out. What am I doing right or wrong? Many thanks... Eugenia :mellow:

My computer is a Pentium ® 4

CPU 3.00 GHZ

1.50 GB Ram

Nvidia Grahics Card GE Forcemx4000

Using Easy Media Creator 9

See if this, from Tips and Tricks, helps.

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=18169

I think this would work if the production were not complete. I put the four videowave files into My DVD and I cannot begin again as all the files that were on the four videowave files are missing. If I could clean up the current saved My DVD production so that the four programs are linked..I think I could encode and burn. This has been a nightmare for me..and you have been patient..I just think I may have to start over from scratch. You have been very kind and patient. As I said, if I can unlink the My DVD production so I could burn a CD-perhaps that would help. All other files have files missing. any other suggestions? Eugenia :huh:

Dear Grandpa Bruce....I followed your suggestion and redid the whole project-16 hours worth- and was able togo through and make a MY DVD compilation with menu, buttons, etc as Merv detailed. Thank you for your direction and your patience. I need to sit down and write this all down in order so next time I can start with a good plan. God bless... Eugenia :)

Dear Grandpa Bruce....I followed your suggestion and redid the whole project-16 hours worth- and was able togo through and make a MY DVD compilation with menu, buttons, etc as Merv detailed. Thank you for your direction and your patience. I need to sit down and write this all down in order so next time I can start with a good plan. God bless... Eugenia :)

You are welcome, but the accolades go to Steve (Merv). He spent some time on that post.

Let us know if it works for you. It should.

I think this would work if the production were not complete. I put the four videowave files into My DVD and I cannot begin again as all the files that were on the four videowave files are missing. If I could clean up the current saved My DVD production so that the four programs are linked..I think I could encode and burn. This has been a nightmare for me..and you have been patient..I just think I may have to start over from scratch. You have been very kind and patient. As I said, if I can unlink the My DVD production so I could burn a CD-perhaps that would help. All other files have files missing. any other suggestions? Eugenia :huh:

Archived