• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 37 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

fiscus1

internet connection required for 9 DE?

Question

For some reason EMC 9 DE will not start unless my laptop has an active internet connection. I've looked through all of the options available, but I can find nothing that addresses this.

I'm running Vista Home Premium (and I hate it).

Does anyone have any suggestions?

5 answers to this question

For some reason EMC 9 DE will not start unless my laptop has an active internet connection. I've looked through all of the options available, but I can find nothing that addresses this.

That's a Dell OEM version you have. The regular retail version doesn't have this issue. Try contacting Dell to see if they have a fix for it.

Dell for some strange reason best known to themselves made that a requirement - why they felt it necessary is a total mystery to all of us here

Thanks for the answers. I'll contact Dell. I doubt that they'll have a workaround, but they need to know that the requirement is a stupid one.

Heck, it's time to get EMC 10 anyway. :P

I have the same problem. Dell have told me to contact Roxio who have told me to contact Microsoft who.....

I would also appreciate a solution

I have the same problem. Dell have told me to contact Roxio who have told me to contact Microsoft who.....

I would also appreciate a solution

Upgrade to a full version of EMC 9 or EMC 10. They don't require being connected to the internet, like the Dell OEM does.