Alternatives to My DVD

Mountain Jeff

Question

I simply LOVE the way that MY DVD makes slideshows with movement and music.

I burned folks wedding photos onto DVD's and THEY LOVED IT.

I've now been without this feature for over a month, and I'm apparently to stupid to figure out why it doesn't work. It's time to spend money on something else.

Although I'm sure that there is not a program as easy and nifty as the EMC-9 was, is there anything that you all have used that I might look into?

I'm willing to spend, I'm not looking for free-ware.

To bad EMC is dead on my machine.

PS: not looking for Tech advice on this post, I have one of those running on the "hangs" board.

thanks, Mountain Jeff

5 answers to this question

I've now been without this feature for over a month, and I'm apparently to stupid to figure out why it doesn't work. It's time to spend money on something else.

Although I'm sure that there is not a program as easy and nifty as the EMC-9 was, is there anything that you all have used that I might look into?

PS: not looking for Tech advice on this post, I have one of those running on the "hangs" board.

thanks, Mountain Jeff

Jeff, I'd suggest taking a look at some of the links in the tools section at videohelp.com -- there's at least 2 or 3 programs focussed on slideshows, and you might even be able to continue using MyDVD with the output if you wanted... [i'm not aware of what's wrong, and as posted, no tech advice. :) ] Since MyDVD takes your video as imput, maybe creating that video somewhere else would work?

Complete DVD authoring programs vary quite a bit: you can usually find easy to use software that has some limits on what you can do, or you can find very capable programs with a fairly steep learning curve. There's some of those listed at the site mentioned [videohelp.com], and most have trial available so you can make sure they work, do what you want/need, and don't require weeks to learn.

thanks, Mountain Jeff

You should be making your productions in VideoWave, not MyDVD. Try using it, and see if all works ok.

...is there anything that you all have used that I might look into?

Windows Vista Home Premium comes with Windows DVD Maker. I think this program is straight forward in it's use. It doesn't have a lot of bells and whistles, but it does put out a quality product.

Good luck!

Archived