Burning Ntfs Files

destnone

Question

Can you tell me if there is any problem writing NTFS files to CD in Easy Media Creator 8?

I've formatted my drive in NTFS and just want to make sure there won't be any problems burning CDs.

Thanks for any info.

Will

P4 640 3.2

Asus P5WD2

DDR2 667 PC2 5300 1GB

Maxtor DiamondMax 10 160GB Sata II

GeForce 6600LE PCI E 256MB

Sony DRU-810A DVD/CD RW DVD+R DL

Creative Labs Audigy 2 Value

XP Pro SP2

5 answers to this question

Hi destnone,

this product has no issues burning files from or off NTFS drives, it even handles Permission based folders and files the same as you would expect from any cd burning app, as long as you have the security level to read the files (more based to active directory and Permissions on Folders and possible server environments)

All of my files are on NTFS formated drives and work very nicly....

It has no prob's reading and writing with Fat, Fat32, NTFS, And Vista NTFS.....

all of them i have burnt data from.

Have luck...

Thanks everyone for the info.

I came across something on the internet saying there was a problem writing NTFS files to CD but maybe that was in earlier versions or a isolated problem.

Slightly off topic but rydall2000 Vista is using the same NTFS file system XP Pro is isn't it? I heard early on it was going to use a completely new file system but they scratched that ideal because it would have taken to long.

Thanks everyone for the info.

I came across something on the internet saying there was a problem writing NTFS files to CD but maybe that was in earlier versions or a isolated problem.

Slightly off topic but rydall2000 Vista is using the same NTFS file system XP Pro is isn't it? I heard early on it was going to use a completely new file system but they scratched that ideal because it would have taken to long.

FYI: The file system on a CD/DVD will be Joliet, ISO9660 or UDF. It will never be FAT or NTFS…

All of these optical media file systems have limitations. Just because you can use names or deep directory structures in magnetic media does not mean it will be acceptable to optical media.

UDF is about the least restrictive as long as you don't use it with a Joliet or ISO9660 Bridge. If you do than the restrictions of that file system override the UDF.

Archived