Easy Audio Capture is Permanently Minimized

jroach

Question

EMC 9 has been installed for about two months. I've used Easy Audio Capture quite a bit with no problem. Now it no longer opens on the screen. It starts, but only appears minimized on the taskbar. The interface will not appear. Task manager says it is loaded and running. Right clicking it brings up the supplemental menu. The supplemental menu functions, including being able to open the capture settings window, but nothing will open the main Easy Audio Capture interface window.

In searching here I've seen that other people have had this problem. Has anyone come up with a solution?

I am running XP SP2 on an A7N8X, Athlon 3500+, 2GB PC3200. Using the onboard Nivdia sound and a Radeon 9600 AGP 128MB for video.

8 answers to this question

Try this, it worked for me when I had the same problem:

1. Open task manager (Ctrl>Alt>Del) and click the Applications tab

2. You should see Easy Audio Capture running, point to it, right click and select Maximize.

I don't know what that did but it fixed my problem. Give it a try, can't hurt anything.

Try this, it worked for me when I had the same problem:

1. Open task manager (Ctrl>Alt>Del) and click the Applications tab

2. You should see Easy Audio Capture running, point to it, right click and select Maximize.

I don't know what that did but it fixed my problem. Give it a try, can't hurt anything.

Thanks - that worked for me.

EMC 9 has been installed for about two months. I've used Easy Audio Capture quite a bit with no problem. Now it no longer opens on the screen. It starts, but only appears minimized on the taskbar. The interface will not appear. Task manager says it is loaded and running. Right clicking it brings up the supplemental menu. The supplemental menu functions, including being able to open the capture settings window, but nothing will open the main Easy Audio Capture interface window.

In searching here I've seen that other people have had this problem. Has anyone come up with a solution?

I am running XP SP2 on an A7N8X, Athlon 3500+, 2GB PC3200. Using the onboard Nivdia sound and a Radeon 9600 AGP 128MB for video.

I have the same problem. Even if I reload the EMC 9 program all I can see is the Easy audio Capture icon on the taskbar. I can right click on the icon and change capture settings, but that is all. Have you figured out any fixes?

I am running XP2, Intel Pentium 4 3.2 GHz, with 3GB RAM, Video card is nVidia GeForce 6800 and audio card is Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS.

I doubt this will help but have you tried changing the screen resolution? I've read this has helped in other software programs.

I have the same problem. I downloaded a new version of Real Player- could that have caused the problem? What should the screen resolution be changed to?

Archived