Videowave Audio Edit And Dvd Builder Menus...

kaiien

Question

I actually have two questions...

In Videowave, I am trying to fade out audio at the end of a segment. So I click the little icon with the white line and the green dot. I add a point and then drop down the end point so that the last, say 5 second, of the audio click show where the volume is supposed to fade. Sometimes, this works fine and the audio fades away perfectly. But more times than not, this has no effect. The audio stays at a consistant volume and and either drops instantly if I have shortened the clip or just keep playing past where it needs to fade. Is this a glitch, bad setting, what?

Second, on DVD Builder, can I use multiple themes? I want to have the title menu (like the romantic preset with the candle) but then have a submenu with the "Ocean" preset, etc. Possible? And is there a better way to creat a Chapter menu than by using the "Mark Chapter" menu? I did that but I can not add add text to the chapter buttons because they are too close together (the text runs over the next buttons text) and there is no way (that I can find) to move the chapter buttons for more space...

Thankyou....you guys have been a big help!

K

3 answers to this question

I actually have two questions...

In Videowave, I am trying to fade out audio at the end of a segment. So I click the little icon with the white line and the green dot. I add a point and then drop down the end point so that the last, say 5 second, of the audio click show where the volume is supposed to fade. Sometimes, this works fine and the audio fades away perfectly. But more times than not, this has no effect. The audio stays at a consistant volume and and either drops instantly if I have shortened the clip or just keep playing past where it needs to fade. Is this a glitch, bad setting, what?

Second, on DVD Builder, can I use multiple themes? I want to have the title menu (like the romantic preset with the candle) but then have a submenu with the "Ocean" preset, etc. Possible? And is there a better way to creat a Chapter menu than by using the "Mark Chapter" menu? I did that but I can not add add text to the chapter buttons because they are too close together (the text runs over the next buttons text) and there is no way (that I can find) to move the chapter buttons for more space...

Thankyou....you guys have been a big help!

K

Question 1 - A more accurate way to fade in/out is to double click on the audio file and the Sound Editor will open. At the top of the screen place check marks in the fade in/out boxes and set the length of time. I think the maximum length is 5 seconds. If you want more than that, you will need to continue trying to fade in/out the way you described.

Question 2 - Multiple themes are not directly supported. However, here is a work around another poster discovered:

1. Go to the DVD Menu Settings in the Edit Task Pane

2. Select background photo/video and select the background you would like for the chapters. Then do the same for the audio (if desired). The main menu will look and sound the way you just selected. (Like the chapters you want.) You can do a preview to verify if you like. It seems that these buttons will do a global change of the project.

3. Now go back to editing and in the menu editor right click the menu picture.

4. Select the option for change background and select your background.

5. Repeat step 4 but select change background audio.

6. Do a preview and when you go into the chapters the background video and audio will still be the originals that you selected with the main menu being the newer selections.

Note: Try to keep the audio (you might have to do some editing.) to around 30 seconds and not over. Otherwise it may sound pretty bad getting cut off or restarting in the middle.

You cannot move the chapter buttons and Marking Chapters is the only method to create a chapter menu. Here is another work around, however, to get more than one line of text for each chapter button:

1. Open Windows Notepad and type the text for a button on more than one line.

2. Highlight the text in Notepad and select Edit\Copy

3. In DVDBuilder, access the Mark Chapters screen, double click in the button text box, and use the delete key to erase the default text.

4. With the cursor still in the empty text box, do a Ctrl V and your multi-line text from Notepad should be pasted in.

5. Repeat each step for additional chapter button text fields

Hope some of this helps

Archived