• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Audio Capture from DVD

BOConnor

Question

Hi: was wondering if anyone knows how to capture audio from a dvd playing on pc. I recently changed motherboards...was using sound blaster audigy board which would allow you to capture anything playing thru the pc...it had a capture from selection called "what u hear"....board on my computer went bad and i am now using an intel media series DP35DP which has an integrated sound card...this does not show the "what u hear" option that sound blaster board showed. it will capture sound from cds and internet radio, but for some reason not from dvd....do not want to import an entire track, just record 30-60 seconds of audio

am wondering if i can use two sound cards?

any help or ideas would be appreciated

Thanks

4 answers to this question

Hi: was wondering if anyone knows how to capture audio from a dvd playing on pc. I recently changed motherboards...was using sound blaster audigy board which would allow you to capture anything playing thru the pc...it had a capture from selection called "what u hear"....board on my computer went bad and i am now using an intel media series DP35DP which has an integrated sound card...this does not show the "what u hear" option that sound blaster board showed. it will capture sound from cds and internet radio, but for some reason not from dvd....do not want to import an entire track, just record 30-60 seconds of audio

Thanks

Why not just rip the track to your hard drive as a .wav file and edit it to get what you want, in Sound Editor?

Thanks

Some DVD like music performance DVD are protected and will not allow you to capture the audio. Perhaps you have one of those.

Thanks

XP &/or Vista let you use more than one sound card, or in your case, a sound card and the on-board audio chip. Another option is to turn off the on-board chip in your m/board bios & use the s/blaster, which is a bit simpler since you don't have to go into control panel and specify which audio device is default.

There is software avail. that will copy a DVD to your hard drive when & where it's legal, and additional tools to rip or extract contents... However those contents will likely be ac3 which still has to be converted to .wav format and then edited to get your 30 seconds or so -- my guess is that it's MUCH quicker to just continue recording as you have been. :lol:

Archived