• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

what format has the best quality for dvd

andyx181x

Question

ok heres the deal, i use mac the ripper to pull out video_ts folder of a dvd, and usually use handbrake to convert it into an mp4 file with mpeg-4 video/aac encoding or h.264 encoding. up until now i been using the h.264 but when i burned that file onto the dvd the quality was horrible! should i just stick with the mpeg-4 which will still have decent quality and will work on a dvd, or should i go with another format? i have another program now that gives me many choices on what file i want to convert it to; so please give me your feedback

2 answers to this question

I can't understand why you are using Handbrake and converting?? If you are using the latest MTR 3 R14, then you can rip/extract the main program in VIDEO_TS, saved to desktop file, and then select this straight into Toast for burning. (Any conversion is going to necessitate some loss of quality.) But again, if you are ripping then burning. why the need for conversion??

I can't understand why you are using Handbrake and converting?? If you are using the latest MTR 3 R14, then you can rip/extract the main program in VIDEO_TS, saved to desktop file, and then select this straight into Toast for burning. (Any conversion is going to necessitate some loss of quality.) But again, if you are ripping then burning. why the need for conversion??

the reason why is i dont want to burn all these movies onto dvds, i know that i can use the Video_TS folder and burn a perfect copy but now i just want to save a lot of space and just turn it into a mpeg file instead, plus i plan on keeping it on a mediagate system that stores all movies and music onto a harddrive and plays for tvs, so depending on how big the HD i get i want to save space

Archived