starrenburg

Help! - popcorn will not work - "Mac OS Error 1634955892"

Question

Can someone please help?

I am a former PC user and have used Roxio Easy CD and DVD Creator 6 for years to make copies of DVDs that I make from TV recordings done to a Sony DVD recorder on DVD +RW Discs.

The process I used there was;

1. Copy a TV program to a Blank DVD +RW Disc on a Sony DVD Recorder

2. Take that DVD disk and go to my Desktop PC

3. Start Roxio CD/DVD Creator

4. Insert the Master DVD +RW disc in Drive A and a Blank DVD -R Disc in Drive B

5. Copy the DVD +RW disc to the DVD -R disc

6. Works ever time!

I have recently moved to a Mac Book and bought Popcorn 3 based on research and recommendation.

I installed Popcorn 3 and did the following;

1. Copy a TV program to a Blank DVD +RW disc on a Sony DVD Recorder

2. Take that disk and go to my Macbook (standard configuration)

3. Start Popcorn 3

4. Insert the Master DVD +RW disc in the Mac Drive

5. Select "DVD Disc" option and press the red "record disc" button

6. When the read is complete it prompts me to insert a blank recordable disc

7. I insert a blank DVD -R disc

8. The Macbook tells me the following;

Could not record the disc because of a Mac OS error

Result code = 1634955892

9. Has now done this 4 times

10. Nothing works

This is my first disappointment with a Mac and with Roxio.

What is wrong?

Have I wasted my money?

8 answers to this question

My first thought is since you aren't changing anything from the original recording why not just burn and finalize the DVD using the Sony recorder? Why go through the extra process of writing to DVD+RW media just to duplicate the same thing to DVD-R?

I have a Pioneer standalone DVD recorder and frequently burn to VR-mode DVD-RW discs because I want to copy specific titles to the Mac where I can have Popcorn assemble a new DVD combining different titles. But that doesn't seem to be what you're doing.

But back to your issue. Try this: Instead of clicking the burn button choose Save as Disc Image from the File menu. This will make a copy of the DVD to the hard drive. Then use Popcorn's Image File setting to select the disc image and burn your duplicate DVD. Although this represents two steps it won't take any longer than the single-step method.

I found those too.

Not the same issue/not relevant.

Thanks though.

Hi,

I've taken your error code, put it into a Google search and that is what it came up with:

http://forums.support.roxio.com/lofiversio....php/t2781.html

http://www.newsfox.co.uk/showthread.php?t=65522 (not very helpful)

Have a look, maybe it helps?

My first thought is since you aren't changing anything from the original recording why not just burn and finalize the DVD using the Sony recorder? Why go through the extra process of writing to DVD+RW media just to duplicate the same thing to DVD-R?

I have a Pioneer standalone DVD recorder and frequently burn to VR-mode DVD-RW discs because I want to copy specific titles to the Mac where I can have Popcorn assemble a new DVD combining different titles. But that doesn't seem to be what you're doing.

But back to your issue. Try this: Instead of clicking the burn button choose Save as Disc Image from the File menu. This will make a copy of the DVD to the hard drive. Then use Popcorn's Image File setting to select the disc image and burn your duplicate DVD. Although this represents two steps it won't take any longer than the single-step method.

Thanks. Understood. However, after paying $89 Australian I don't want to only get half the use out of the software. Thinking of asking for a refund and staying with the PC solution. Am disappointed though.

:( TRYING TO FIND OUT MYSELF. I have the same issue. However My copy of Popcorn 2 still works and does not give me the error. I also get the sam error code 1634955892 when clicking on updates. It tells me to check my internet connection. Sounds like a Roxio problem

Can someone please help?

I am a former PC user and have used Roxio Easy CD and DVD Creator 6 for years to make copies of DVDs that I make from TV recordings done to a Sony DVD recorder on DVD +RW Discs.

The process I used there was;

1. Copy a TV program to a Blank DVD +RW Disc on a Sony DVD Recorder

2. Take that DVD disk and go to my Desktop PC

3. Start Roxio CD/DVD Creator

4. Insert the Master DVD +RW disc in Drive A and a Blank DVD -R Disc in Drive B

5. Copy the DVD +RW disc to the DVD -R disc

6. Works ever time!

I have recently moved to a Mac Book and bought Popcorn 3 based on research and recommendation.

I installed Popcorn 3 and did the following;

1. Copy a TV program to a Blank DVD +RW disc on a Sony DVD Recorder

2. Take that disk and go to my Macbook (standard configuration)

3. Start Popcorn 3

4. Insert the Master DVD +RW disc in the Mac Drive

5. Select "DVD Disc" option and press the red "record disc" button

6. When the read is complete it prompts me to insert a blank recordable disc

7. I insert a blank DVD -R disc

8. The Macbook tells me the following;

Could not record the disc because of a Mac OS error

Result code = 1634955892

9. Has now done this 4 times

10. Nothing works

This is my first disappointment with a Mac and with Roxio.

What is wrong?

Have I wasted my money?

HAve you had any luck with tis problem becasue I have exactly the same problem?

cheers

deemon

Yes, Exactly the same problem occurred with my newly purchased version of Popcorn 3 - same error message (two different non-encrypted discs to copy, several tries at each), same failure to make an internet connection to check for updated software.

I also had problems with Popcorn 2; sometimes it worked sometimes it didn't.

How does Roxio manage to make software that is this buggy (and that they label as a finished non-beta release)? Do they have a bug installer that stops working software from shipping - "Wait, stop, that box might work - bring it back....!"

Sigh.....java script:emoticon('%3C_%3C',%20'smid_1')

:( TRYING TO FIND OUT MYSELF. I have the same issue. However My copy of Popcorn 2 still works and does not give me the error. I also get the sam error code 1634955892 when clicking on updates. It tells me to check my internet connection. Sounds like a Roxio problem

Hmmm... it seems that I am not alone with this problem.

Summary:

popcorn 3 doesn;t like the blank disk you insert for a copy.

1. this is independent of the brand of driver used.

2. It does not seem to matter much which version Mac OS X is used.

3. It does not seem to matter whicg type of mac is used: PPC G4, G5, or Intel (Yech!)... all have the same blanged problem.

4. Reinstalling Popcorn 2 works just fine.

Conclusion: You are right. Roxio released a product while still in Beta condition. Not nice! :angry:

Hi all,

So no one has posted on this in awhile so maybe you have already resolved the issue. I had the same problem, though I am working off of a tiger os. I updated all my software, restarted the computer and opened up my popcorn 3. It asked me if I wanted to download the update; I eagerly clicked yes. Installed that and it seems to be working. *fingers crossed*

good luck

liz