• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Cinemagic menu conundrum

Stanwixman

Question

Hi can anyone tell me how I can change the picture in the preloaded menu template for travel. I get the menu showing the cinema screen and chairs etc and my menu on screen in the middle. I have worked out how to change the Text - from the plain MY MENU but the inset menu (on the mini movie screen) is showing the travel template without any thumbnails on it. I clicked on i managed to delete this but now I get a chequered back ground? if i click on change back ground I get my photo on the menu but it takes up the whole screen and I loose the template of the movie theatre? Any ideas please?

3 answers to this question

That large screen is designed to show a short excerpt of the added movies by default.

Right click on the pattern on the menu screen , select "show settings" and a window will open. Select what you want in that spot. You can select an image or a completely different video file.

BYW, one you add your movies to that menu screen and animate it, you will no longer see the checkerboard pattern but should see the short excerpt.

Also, I just re-read your post and I'm not really sure what you are asking the Screen with the chairs is called "Home Theater"; travel is a completely different template. You cannot use two on one page in the menu. If you want to use the travel template, you have the same option to change what is in the screen.

Thanks for the iput. I shall try what you say. However I always get the Home Theatre screen on what ever template I use. FOr example the other night I put some photos of my cousins wedding onto a dvd. I used the wedding template and the wedding music supplied and the test results were pretty smart. However I still seem to get the Home theatre template at the begining. It appears on every dvd I create. I get the chairs come up with the cinema screen and a small thumb nail of the newly created dvd. I click on the thumbnail and my new dvd starts and plays fine. A s mentiioned before my problem is changing the picture on the cinema screen to match my dvd that I have created. thanks. Have I got a button ticked for default as I always get the home theatre menu at the start?

Thanks for the iput. I shall try what you say. However I always get the Home Theatre screen on what ever template I use. FOr example the other night I put some photos of my cousins wedding onto a dvd. I used the wedding template and the wedding music supplied and the test results were pretty smart. However I still seem to get the Home theatre template at the begining. It appears on every dvd I create. I get the chairs come up with the cinema screen and a small thumb nail of the newly created dvd. I click on the thumbnail and my new dvd starts and plays fine. A s mentiioned before my problem is changing the picture on the cinema screen to match my dvd that I have created. thanks. Have I got a button ticked for default as I always get the home theatre menu at the start?

I guess you have me really confused. If you want to make a different menu theme the default, go to "change menu style". Pick the one you want and right click on it. You will get a drop down list. Select make this the default. From now on whenever you open MyDVD, the menu style you selected will be the default.

I have a feeling that I'm not understanding you. It sounds as if no matter what menu style you choose, you get a quick look at the chairs and screen and then you get the menu style you want. If you want a different menu theme, start with that theme and work from there.

I can reproduce what you are getting because i guess I don't know what steps you are taking. Can you post a 1,2,3 list of steps so I can try to reproduce it?

Perhaps someone will be able to come in and follow your instructions and reproduce what you are seeing.

When you say DVD are you talking about a movie, a slide show, or a burned DVD?

Hi can anyone tell me how I can change the picture in the preloaded menu template for travel. I get the menu showing the cinema screen and chairs etc and my menu on screen in the middle. I have worked out how to change the Text - from the plain MY MENU but the inset menu (on the mini movie screen) is showing the travel template without any thumbnails on it. I clicked on i managed to delete this but now I get a chequered back ground? if i click on change back ground I get my photo on the menu but it takes up the whole screen and I loose the template of the movie theatre? Any ideas please?

That large screen is designed to show a short excerpt of the added movies by default.

Right click on the pattern on the menu screen , select "show settings" and a window will open. Select what you want in that spot. You can select an image or a completely different video file.

BYW, one you add your movies to that menu screen and animate it, you will no longer see the checkerboard pattern but should see the short excerpt.

Also, I just re-read your post and I'm not really sure what you are asking the Screen with the chairs is called "Home Theater"; travel is a completely different template. You cannot use two on one page in the menu. If you want to use the travel template, you have the same option to change what is in the screen.

Archived