• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

transitions

gmkbdl

Question

Can anyone give me suggestions on how to add transitions a little faster? I believe EMC7 had a "drag and drop", but it seems to take forever to add one at a time. I know I can do it by a "random" choice, but I do have my favorite transitions. Is there a little faster way to add them??? Also, someone had mentioned a new feature about "sound soap". What is this and where do I find it? Couldn't find it under a search. Any other helpful hints about EMC9 would be appreciated. Just getting started. MK

Like many of us, I have had a problem to change the duration of all the transitions of a production. Sometimes it was working, sometimes it was changing the duration ... but also replacing all random transitions by a single one!

I have tried something that seems to work. I click on the LAST transition of the production with the right button of the mouse and then change the duration in the panel that open and click on Apply to all. The duration is then change for all the transitions of the production without replacing them by a single one.

I tried this trick on several productions and for me it's working

Thank you, I'm glad to hear someone else is having the same problem - thought I was going nuts. I did go to the last transition and did as you suggested, buy no luck. I then tried other transitions through out the production, but no luck. I did notice, however, that when I click "apply to all" it reverts right back to the production - there is no hour glass, or time lapse to indicate it is even trying to do the task. Would it help at all to reinstall EMC9 or do you think I would have the same problem. Thanks again for all the support. MK

Sorry but I do no know if reinstalling Roxio would help to solve your problem, you may try instead a repair in the add/remove program panel.

I use windows Xp and the regular version of EMC9

My computer is about 3 years old (HP a1020n) with 1G of ram memory and a 200g hard drive

I always surprise to see how many persons have problems with Roxio, for myself, EMC 9 runs almost perfectly and I do a lot of projects: create DVD, convert Lp, charge my Archos with music, etc.

I like the features of media manager to download the photos and videos of my Sony camera and to add them to my computer by just clicking on the copy down button. Using the Sony software was a mess

That's exactly what's happening in EMC9. If I try to do them indiviually, I can only do 2 or 3 and everything locks up. What are my options????? I need to be able to set duration time of the transitions, but can't do it no matter how I try. Nothing works. Is it a design problem or can I uninstall and reinstall. At this point, I can't even do them one at a time because it freezes up. Thanks for you concern. MK

You cannot change all the transition durations at once since it also changes all the transitions. I and other think that is a bug or at least very poor design. You will have have to modify all the transition/durations one at a time. Why it freezes up is another problem that might be related to your video card.

About the Soundsoap-- look for BIAS menu in Start-> All Programs

Could not find BIAS on programs. Also did a search and got nothing. Is this something that should be in the program? I have another problem. I am trying to adjust the duration of transitions. When I right click or go to trim I change the duration and click "apply to all". At first it changed all my transitions to the same transition throughout. Hit undo. Went back to set duration and made sure no transitions in window were highlighted. Hit apply to all, but did not change duration of anything. What am I doing wrong?????? Would like to change duration of all transitions from 1.0 to 2.0 and can't seem to do it. MK

Could not find BIAS on programs. Also did a search and got nothing. Is this something that should be in the program? I have another problem. I am trying to adjust the duration of transitions. When I right click or go to trim I change the duration and click "apply to all". At first it changed all my transitions to the same transition throughout. Hit undo. Went back to set duration and made sure no transitions in window were highlighted. Hit apply to all, but did not change duration of anything. What am I doing wrong?????? Would like to change duration of all transitions from 1.0 to 2.0 and can't seem to do it. MK

How long are the images/video on either side of the transitions? They have to be at least 1.5 times( or something like that depending on a particular transition) the length of the transnition. Also what program component are you working with?

You cannot change all the transition durations at once since it also changes all the transitions. I and other think that is a bug or at least very poor design. You will have have to modify all the transition/durations one at a time. Why it freezes up is another problem that might be related to your video card.

Hate to think it's the video card, as this is a brand new computer. Does Roxio have an upgrade for EMC9 to help fix this problem? Would it do any good to contact their technicians? Program not much good if I can't set duration of transitions either as a whole or individually. MK

Not a glitch. It depends on the duration of what is before and after the transition. If that time period is short, then the transition duration can't be changed to a longer length of time.

Went back and double checked length of photos. Photo Duration set at 10.00. Tried once again to set duration of transitions to 2.50. Won't do it. Am I missing a step??? I have tried to do this under "trim" and by right clicking the transition and going to ""set transition duration" - same result. I must be doing something wrong, but can't figure it out. When I bring up the screen to change the duration, it shows all the transitions. If the first one is highlighted it changes all my transitions to that particular one - if I make sure none of the transitions in the box are highlighted, it won't change the durations. What am I missing??? Thanks MK

Went back and double checked length of photos. Photo Duration set at 10.00. Tried once again to set duration of transitions to 2.50. Won't do it. Am I missing a step??? I have tried to do this under "trim" and by right clicking the transition and going to ""set transition duration" - same result. I must be doing something wrong, but can't figure it out. When I bring up the screen to change the duration, it shows all the transitions. If the first one is highlighted it changes all my transitions to that particular one - if I make sure none of the transitions in the box are highlighted, it won't change the durations. What am I missing??? Thanks MK

If the duration of the photos, on each side of the transition, are 10 seconds, you should be able to change the length of time to over 4 seconds, if you want.

In Storyline, I just highlight one of the transitons. Up in the Preview screen, I change the duration in the Duration box. I don't double click or right click on anything.

I do not know how sknis and grandpabruce avoided all the transitions changing, as well as their duration, but they do so by design, since that is exactly what it says in the help file, if you click on Help in the set transition duration window. Bad design, certainly, but not a bug. The pic is from EMC 10, but as I remember it was the same in 9.

post-112-1189867765.png

Itsdifferent in EMC 10 from EMC 7/7.5

1-Right click one of the images

2-select trim from drop-down menu

3-Adjust Duration window opens where you can set the duration and have it applied to all the images in production and also set as the default duration

OK, I have EMC9 Deluxe, went to trim and tried to apply duration to all. Didn't work. Then right clicked on a transition,wen to Set transition duration, tried to apply duration to all. Won't work. Photo duration is plently long enough. I did, however, find I can set duration of the transitions one at a time. BUT everytime I do that, Videowave locks up and shuts down. This has happened after I have changed duration individually for only about 3 transitions. I can't do more than that without lockup. Would it help to go to "add/ remove" programs and "change" Roxio. Would it do a repair on the program and ask for my disc when it needed it? I don't know much about this, but hoping this might work. Honestly people, I have tried everything to set transition duration and it just isn't working. Can this be fixed?????? Any other options???? Thanks. MK

Can anyone give me suggestions on how to add transitions a little faster? I believe EMC7 had a "drag and drop", but it seems to take forever to add one at a time. I know I can do it by a "random" choice, but I do have my favorite transitions. Is there a little faster way to add them??? Also, someone had mentioned a new feature about "sound soap". What is this and where do I find it? Couldn't find it under a search. Any other helpful hints about EMC9 would be appreciated. Just getting started. MK

You can do it faster by docking Effect Selector. In VideoWave, click on View, then click on Effect Selector. After it opens, go back to View, and click on Dock Effects Selector. You can then pick your favorite transition and drag it down to Storyline.

Sorry but I do no know if reinstalling Roxio would help to solve your problem, you may try instead a repair in the add/remove program panel.

I use windows Xp and the regular version of EMC9

My computer is about 3 years old (HP a1020n) with 1G of ram memory and a 200g hard drive

I always surprise to see how many persons have problems with Roxio, for myself, EMC 9 runs almost perfectly and I do a lot of projects: create DVD, convert Lp, charge my Archos with music, etc.

I like the features of media manager to download the photos and videos of my Sony camera and to add them to my computer by just clicking on the copy down button. Using the Sony software was a mess

FINALLY!!!! This is how I had to work my way around it. By adding transitions by using "add transitions" the "Apply to all" would not work. Went back and deleted one transition and inserted it by using View/Effect Selector then dragging and dropping. Right clicked, went to "set transition duration", typed in 2.5, clicked on apply to all, and sure enough it worked. Hope this works for someone else, or hope Roxio fixes this in the future. Thanks alot for all the help. MK

You can do it faster by docking Effect Selector. In VideoWave, click on View, then click on Effect Selector. After it opens, go back to View, and click on Dock Effects Selector. You can then pick your favorite transition and drag it down to Storyline.

Thanks for the info on BIAS - I do have 9 Deluse but since I have Vista, that's probably the problem. Back to the duration of the transitions - I am working in videowave, the duration of the photos is approximately 8.5 - 9.0 and I went back to try the "apply to all" - making sure none of the transitions in the "transitions" box were highlighted, and it still wouldn't change the transitions from 1.0. If I highlight a transition in the "transition duration box", it changes ALL my transitions to the same one. Thank goodness for UNDO. HELP.

Thanks for the hint on Effect Selector - going to do that. Thanks MK

Thanks for the info on BIAS - I do have 9 Deluse but since I have Vista, that's probably the problem. Back to the duration of the transitions - I am working in videowave, the duration of the photos is approximately 8.5 - 9.0 and I went back to try the "apply to all" - making sure none of the transitions in the "transitions" box were highlighted, and it still wouldn't change the transitions from 1.0. If I highlight a transition in the "transition duration box", it changes ALL my transitions to the same one. Thank goodness for UNDO. HELP.

Thanks for the hint on Effect Selector - going to do that. Thanks MK

You are welcome. It speeds up the process for me.

I do not know how sknis and grandpabruce avoided all the transitions changing, as well as their duration, but they do so by design, since that is exactly what it says in the help file, if you click on Help in the set transition duration window. Bad design, certainly, but not a bug. The pic is from EMC 10, but as I remember it was the same in 9.

Thank you all for all your help. In response to Digital Guru, I have Vista and EMC 9 Deluxe Suite. I tried clicking on a transition in videowave, (get the transition duration window) taking cursor around from top, changing duration, apply to all, but it did not change even one. I use a variety of transitions - page turners, reveals, 3D, etc. I insert them in no particular order, just where I think they look the best. I have gone under "trim" and also right clicked the transition itself and used "adjust transition duration". When the duration window opens, it displays all the transitions with "x Close Double" being the first - it always has an orange border. If I do not deselect that transition, it will change ALL my transitions to "X Close Double". I then have to "undo". But duration time stays at 1.00, will not change to 2.0, 2.50 or 3.0. Have tried all. Everything else seems to be OK, although this is the first production I have stared with EMC9. Not sure what I can do. thanks again. MK

Hate to think it's the video card, as this is a brand new computer. Does Roxio have an upgrade for EMC9 to help fix this problem? Would it do any good to contact their technicians? Program not much good if I can't set duration of transitions either as a whole or individually. MK

"Brand New Computers" have all the "latest features" that were there when the design was Finalized for manufacture! Thus everything in your "brand new computer" might be a year old!!! (we get a lot of this from Tohsiba's)

myguggi gave you the only answer that there is or that there is going to be! Same behavior is in V10…

OK, I have EMC9 Deluxe, went to trim and tried to apply duration to all. Didn't work. Then right clicked on a transition,wen to Set transition duration, tried to apply duration to all. Won't work. Photo duration is plently long enough. I did, however, find I can set duration of the transitions one at a time. BUT everytime I do that, Videowave locks up and shuts down. This has happened after I have changed duration individually for only about 3 transitions. I can't do more than that without lockup. Would it help to go to "add/ remove" programs and "change" Roxio. Would it do a repair on the program and ask for my disc when it needed it? I don't know much about this, but hoping this might work. Honestly people, I have tried everything to set transition duration and it just isn't working. Can this be fixed?????? Any other options???? Thanks. MK

Sorry MK, my previous post referred to image duration and not transition duration.

I don't think a repair is going to fix the problem. I also get the same thing happening (in EMC 10) when I try to change the duration of all transitions using the "apply all" button. All the transitions are changed to the one selected in the "Set Transition Duration" window as well as to the duration selected. The program is designed that way, a very poor design in my opinion.

I went to Effect Selector and can add transitions much faster, thanks. But I still cannot change the duration of all the transitions. Is this a glitch - is there something I need to do???? MK

Not a glitch. It depends on the duration of what is before and after the transition. If that time period is short, then the transition duration can't be changed to a longer length of time.

Unfortunately, I have been unable to duplicate this problem. :( I tried using a couple of different transition themes and then selected the first transition; right clicked on it and selected change transition duration. Selected 2 seconds and click apply to all. All transitions changed to the 2 seconds but they did not change the type of transition. I have 9.1 so I'm not sure that has anything to do with it. Can you tell me a few of the transitions you are using and I'll see what happens there.

I did the same thing with some random 3D transitions.

The only thing I can think of is that when that window opens, if you have the mouse over a transition, it quickly select that one and thinks that you want a different transition. Try to sneak up on the duration change from the top or sides so there is no chance the program sees a new selection.

Post the transitions that you are using.

Are you running XP or Vista? Is your V9 the standard or deluxe?

If the duration of the photos, on each side of the transition, are 10 seconds, you should be able to change the length of time to over 4 seconds, if you want.

In Storyline, I just highlight one of the transitons. Up in the Preview screen, I change the duration in the Duration box. I don't double click or right click on anything.

I can do that on each individual transition, but time consuming. I should be able to change the duration for all transitions at one time. Just not sure if I am doing it right, although it's the same way I did it in EMC 8 and 7. Anyone else having this problem? I have cleared "proxy", but don't know what else to do. Thanks. MK

Thank you all for all your help. In response to Digital Guru, I have Vista and EMC 9 Deluxe Suite. I tried clicking on a transition in videowave, (get the transition duration window) taking cursor around from top, changing duration, apply to all, but it did not change even one. I use a variety of transitions - page turners, reveals, 3D, etc. I insert them in no particular order, just where I think they look the best. I have gone under "trim" and also right clicked the transition itself and used "adjust transition duration". When the duration window opens, it displays all the transitions with "x Close Double" being the first - it always has an orange border. If I do not deselect that transition, it will change ALL my transitions to "X Close Double". I then have to "undo". But duration time stays at 1.00, will not change to 2.0, 2.50 or 3.0. Have tried all. Everything else seems to be OK, although this is the first production I have stared with EMC9. Not sure what I can do. thanks again. MK

If that transition whose duration you cannot increase was placed before your first picture or movie in the production, you might find it useful to look through

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=27205

Archived