• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
jimgardner

Menu buttons dont work

Question

I am using the default menu theme in EMC 9 - MyDVD. When I preview my DVD the menus and buttons work fine ie on entering a new screen the first thumbnail on the left is highlighted and the cursor keys move from thumbnail to thumbnail as expected. However after I have burned the project to a DVD the menus dont work when I playback the DVD. For example when I press play on the opening screen the first menu is displayed but the 'back button' is highlighted at the bottom of the screen as default and it is a real pain to navigate to the first chapter (although possible after a few attempts!) When I gave the DVD to my wife to show to her friends she could only cycle through the navigation buttons at the bottom of the screen and couldn't select any chapters to play at all!! Not a very good showcase for this program at all and very embarassing as I was hoping to show off the DVDs I created!! I have looked at the settings for each button on the menubut can't see where the button sequence is configured ie how do you define what the first button to be selected is when the screen first loads? This is a real pain because everything looks fine on preview but after the DVD is burned it just doesn't operate the same way. Has anyone else got a similar problem and how is it resolved??

Edited by jimgardner

2 answers to this question

I am using the default menu theme in EMC 9 - MyDVD. When I preview my DVD the menus and buttons work fine ie on entering a new screen the first thumbnail on the left is highlighted and the cursor keys move from thumbnail to thumbnail as expected. However after I have burned the project to a DVD the menus dont work when I playback the DVD. For example when I press play on the opening screen the first menu is displayed but the 'back button' is highlighted at the bottom of the screen as default and it is a real pain to navigate to the first chapter (although possible after a few attempts!) When I gave the DVD to my wife to show to her friends she could only cycle through the navigation buttons at the bottom of the screen and couldn't select any chapters to play at all!! Not a very good showcase for this program at all and very embarassing as I was hoping to show off the DVDs I created!! I have looked at the settings for each button on the menubut can't see where the button sequence is configured ie how do you define what the first button to be selected is when the screen first loads? This is a real pain because everything looks fine on preview but after the DVD is burned it just doesn't operate the same way. Has anyone else got a similar problem and how is it resolved??

With this sort of problem it's always best to render the DVD to your hard drive from MyDVD (or any authoring program). Once on your hard drive you can test it using software DVD players. If the problem exists there, then the problem is somewhere in the creation process in MyDVD. If it plays good on your hdd, the next step is to see if it plays well on your PC after burning to disc -- if not the problem is likely your burner or your media.

Last step is try it in a stand-alone DVD player -- if it doesn't work, try burning at a lower speed, try a different brand of disc (many recommend Verbatim), and if nec. try another burner.

II have looked at the settings for each button on the menubut can't see where the button sequence is configured ie how do you define what the first button to be selected is when the screen first loads?
Clikc on VIEW / Settings. This dialog box is context sensitive meaning it changes according to what you have selected or not selected on the menu. If you select nothing, I think you can change the default button FOR THAT MENU. Make sure you are on the menu you want to change.

If you select a button, that same dialog box will change so you can select which file will play for that button, etc. YOu can also change button colors, etc., in this same box.