• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Willard M

Multiple Images on Fixed Background

Question

I have discovered an interesting effect that may be of interest to others. Sometimes it creates an interesting effect to pile additional pictures on top of a background picture and sizing them into a corner or elsewhere on the background. They can also be rotated for additional effect.

In a graphics program (I use Photoshop) choose a background picture. Then choose another picture you want to add to the background. Copy, paste and size it to the original background picture. Save that image as separately from the original background. Repeat this routine as many times as you wish adding more pictures to the original and saving to the background.

By using the same background picture is stationary with pictures being piled on.

Then put them all into your movie in the order you wish. I added dissolves to my movie and adjusted the timing for best effect.

Willard

19 answers to this question

I am not in front of the PC with EMC9 but I vaguely remember seeing the same effect (or a similar one) in either Slideshow Assistant or Cinemagic using the Portfolio theme (I'm not sure if this the theme name).

Edit: I checked EMC 9. A similar effect (or close to what you described) is called Photo Stack in the Slideshow Assistant.

Edited by malatekid

I am not in front of the PC with EMC9 but I vaguely remember seeing the same effect (or a similar one) in either Slideshow Assistant or Cinemagic using the Portfolio theme (I'm not sure if this the theme name).

Edit: I checked EMC 9. A similar effect (or close to what you described) is called Photo Stack in the Slideshow Assistant.

I found stacking in the index but still trying to figure out how to use it. I have EMC 9. Is the stacking ability on 9 or 9.1?

I found stacking in the index but still trying to figure out how to use it. I have EMC 9. Is the stacking ability on 9 or 9.1?

I have EMC 9 Deluxe installed. The Slideshow Assistant is a 3-step slideshow wizard. The Photo Stack is one of the 14 Transition styles in the second step. How many do you have?

post-114-1189657632.jpg

Edited by malatekid

I have EMC 9 Deluxe installed. The Slideshow Assistant is a 3-step slideshow wizard. The Photo Stack is one of the 14 Transition styles in the second step. How many do you have?

This is neat ... I followed your directions into slideshow and clicked on open in Videowave to find out if you can tweak it. One cool thing I found is if you set the pictures' motion paths to Start Path = Fly, and Style = Fade Down and the end paths to Fly, Don't Fly Out, you get the effect of them being dropped from above onto the "stack" instead of the simple fade. Rotate them to different angles from each other and you enhance the effect.

Thanks for the tip!

I have EMC 9 installed and it apparently does not have stacking capability. I checked the thread and I don't have anything like you showed.

In my earlier message I described pasting additional images to a stationary backgroundin Photoshop. I did not plan for another unusual effect that happened. I saved the individual images in .tif format and layers. When I put them into MY DVD and applied the transition the transition effect only applied itself to the layered (top) portion of the image.

I also tried opening a stationary image background and then opening an additional image (photoshop) and rotating it slightly and then copying and pasting to the background in nearly full size. I saved that image and then opened another image, rotated, copied and pasted it to the top of the previously saved image. I piled up 6 pics on top of one another and saved them individually in .tif format and in layers.

When I put all of the pictures in My DVD and applied the transition effect I wanted only the top picture of the layered stack showed the transition effect. This apparently because of the layered image. It gives the effect of laying a picture down and then piling another and then another on top.

Since I don't have stacking capability in EMC 9 I will have to use this way until Xmas and maybe I can convince Santa to bring me version 10. (Does it have stacking capability?)

Willard

This is neat ... I followed your directions into slideshow and clicked on open in Videowave to find out if you can tweak it. One cool thing I found is if you set the pictures' motion paths to Start Path = Fly, and Style = Fade Down and the end paths to Fly, Don't Fly Out, you get the effect of them being dropped from above onto the "stack" instead of the simple fade. Rotate them to different angles from each other and you enhance the effect.

Thanks for the tip!

You're welcome. Yes, I use either Slideshow or Cinemagic as a starting point to see how those special effects/transitions are done. Then I switch to Videowave in step 3 to continue on the production. :)

PS: By the way, great job on that Tips 'n Tricks on custom multiple photo printing. Thank you for sharing and posting!

I have EMC 9 installed and it apparently does not have stacking capability. I checked the thread and I don't have anything like you showed.

In my earlier message I described pasting additional images to a stationary backgroundin Photoshop. I did not plan for another unusual effect that happened. I saved the individual images in .tif format and layers. When I put them into MY DVD and applied the transition the transition effect only applied itself to the layered (top) portion of the image.

I also tried opening a stationary image background and then opening an additional image (photoshop) and rotating it slightly and then copying and pasting to the background in nearly full size. I saved that image and then opened another image, rotated, copied and pasted it to the top of the previously saved image. I piled up 6 pics on top of one another and saved them individually in .tif format and in layers.

When I put all of the pictures in My DVD and applied the transition effect I wanted only the top picture of the layered stack showed the transition effect. This apparently because of the layered image. It gives the effect of laying a picture down and then piling another and then another on top.

Since I don't have stacking capability in EMC 9 I will have to use this way until Xmas and maybe I can convince Santa to bring me version 10. (Does it have stacking capability?)

Willard

I already removed my EMC 9 regular Suite so I cannot confirm that the Photo Stack transition style is not there.

Question: What is the complete version number of your EMC 9 (open Home page, select Help and the clcik on About this Software. Somewhere it shows version number). This is a full retail version (boxed version)?

Edited by malatekid

Yes, I use either Slideshow or Cinemagic as a starting point to see how those special effects/transitions are done. Then I switch to Videowave in step 3 to continue on the production. :)

I already removed my EMC 9 regular Suite so I cannot confirm that the Photo Stack transition style is not there.

Question: What is the complete version number of your EMC 9 (open Home page, select Help and the clcik on About this Software. Somewhere it shows version number). This is a full retail version (boxed version)?

The version number is 9.0.088

Just curious (which I asked already), how many transition styles are shown in your Slideshow Assistant?

Maybe time to do a Repair of the software.

malatekid, I have EMC 9 Suite installed, Photo Stack is one of the 14 Transition styles in the second step.

cd

malatekid, I have EMC 9 Suite installed, Photo Stack is one of the 14 Transition styles in the second step.

cd

Thank you for confirming that. It's probably in that regular Suite that I first saw it as I only installed the Deluxe one only this week.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I finally found it under slideshow assistant. Now I can ask Santa for a new multimedia projector.

Willard

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I finally found it under slideshow assistant. Now I can ask Santa for a new multimedia projector.

Willard

Oh my, I thought all along that you were already looking at the Slideshow Assistant and you just could not find the transition style in question.

Anyway, glad to hear you found it. Enjoy the software!

As for the multimedia projector -- definitely you're not getting it from me! :D:lol::D

Edited by malatekid

I had looked at Slideshow assistant but I did not understand that I had to highlight the pictures so I could get to step 2.

Willard

I had looked at Slideshow assistant but I did not understand that I had to highlight the pictures so I could get to step 2.

Willard

I guess if i insisted on you providing answer to my question on how many transitions do you see from your end (post #4 and 9), we could have resolved this issue early on.

But anyway, bottom line is that we know there is a similar effect available in Roxio application that you can use.

As indicated above in my chat with Karri, you can edit the Slideshow in Videowave (you can access Videowave in step 3). I suggest you use Videowave (VW) as your final editing application after starting off with Slideshow Asistant. VW has a lot of features/tools at your disposal in creating your slideshow.

Edited by malatekid

I guess if i insisted on you providing answer to my question on how many transitions do you see from your end (post #4 and 9), we could have resolved this issue early on.

But anyway, bottom line is that we know there is a similar effect available in Roxio application that you can use.

As indicated above in my chat with Karri, you can edit the Slideshow in Videowave (you can access Videowave in step 3). I suggest you use Videowave (VW) as your final editing application after starting off with Slideshow Asistant. VW has a lot of features/tools at your disposal in creating your slideshow.

My version of EMC 9 only shows a 2 step capability.

Willard

My version of EMC 9 only shows a 2 step capability.

Willard

I think that's the one launched from MyDVD, right? (again, I am not in front of EMC9 at this time).

Go to Start->All Programs->Roxio->Photo->Slideshow Assistant This Slideshow Assistant under Photo should show the 3-steps one.

Edited by malatekid

I think that's the one launched from MyDVD, right? (again, I am not in front of EMC9 at this time).

Go to Start->All Programs->Roxio->Photo->Slideshow Assistant This Slideshow Assistant under Photo should show the 3-steps one.

You are right again. When accessed as you describe there is a 3 step process. I'll get it right eventually.

Thanks for the tip!

Karri

Can you elaborate on what you did here. It looks like the effect I am looking for. Where is the command picture motion path to start. I don't understand that.

Willard

You are right again. When accessed as you describe there is a 3 step process. I'll get it right eventually.

Karri

Can you elaborate on what you did here. It looks like the effect I am looking for. Where is the command picture motion path to start. I don't understand that.

Willard

Once you've taken your slideshow into Videowave, the "top" pictures should appear on the overlay tracks, 1 picture per Overlay track. Double-click on one of the overlay pics and a settings window should open with various options at the top. the little red circle leads to the motion options. The image below may help you. As Karri posted you can generate all sorts of visual effects.

post-103-1189714889.jpg

Thanks for the help.

I will have to work on that. I am at the point now where I can get the stacked images into Video Wave and will follow up on your post

Willard :D