• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Bad Sync with Video Wave 9

GibsonSG

Question

9 answers to this question

Read the posts in this thread.

Burned at 6x (lowest listed). Same result.

Recorded to an ISO file and then burned using Disk Copier. Same result.

Played the ISO file on an emulated disk drive. Sound out of sync when played. Wouldn't this not indicate that the DVD burner (Lightscribe) not at fault? But did learn more then I needed to know about emulated drives!

At this point I can only conclude that the MyDVD9 burner program is causing the out of sync problem.

Any other suggestions? I personally think that me and my computer are jinxed! Otherwise, why else would it insist on downloading MP3 files from Bob Brinkers Moneytalk web site as MP2 Video Clip files? No problem. I just change them to MP3 and they work fine!! But I still can't help wondering why! Same here.

Burned at 6x (lowest listed). Same result.

Recorded to an ISO file and then burned using Disk Copier. Same result.

Played the ISO file on an emulated disk drive. Sound out of sync when played. Wouldn't this not indicate that the DVD burner (Lightscribe) not at fault? But did learn more then I needed to know about emulated drives!

At this point I can only conclude that the MyDVD9 burner program is causing the out of sync problem.

Any other suggestions? I personally think that me and my computer are jinxed! Otherwise, why else would it insist on downloading MP3 files from Bob Brinkers Moneytalk web site as MP2 Video Clip files? No problem. I just change them to MP3 and they work fine!! But I still can't help wondering why! Same here.

I have been battling sync errors from the start with this product .. and I have mine down to the simplest repeatable steps ... record tv show .. start videowave (it converts to edible mpeg) then do output as (whichever option) and create a file .. I am not even burning it .. and the video/sound sync error is there(2 hour show creates seconds of delay in sound). Believe it or not but I work around it in this manor ... make bogus splits and create the file (I have a feeling Roxio uses a split to resync video and sound) try it .. see if it works for you

If you play the files in Windows Media Player, are they out of sync?

The native file no, but if I save the file from Video Wave in any format and try to play it in Media Player it is out of sync. I have downloaded several evaluation copies of other Video editing programs and they are fine.

If I import a DVD recorded in a conference center into Video Wave 9 the sound and video are badly out of sync. Anyone know of a way round this problem. I have tried directly from the DVD and ripping it to my hard drive. Same problem occurs.

If you play the files in Windows Media Player, are they out of sync?

The audio/video on my burned DVDs is out of sync. It appears that the Videowave output file going into the MyDVD9 burning program is in sync. I have previewed in both and the sync is fine. It would appear to me to be a problem in the burning process.

I would appreciate anyone steering me toward a solution. Have burned dozens of DVD's with no problem and then a string of out of syncs. The last thing tried was disabling all startup programs in MSconfig and burning. Same result!!

Could it be the burning speed? I am using TDK DVD-R 1-16x/4.7 GB discs.

The audio/video on my burned DVDs is out of sync. It appears that the Videowave output file going into the MyDVD9 burning program is in sync. I have previewed in both and the sync is fine. It would appear to me to be a problem in the burning process.

I would appreciate anyone steering me toward a solution. Have burned dozens of DVD's with no problem and then a string of out of syncs. The last thing tried was disabling all startup programs in MSconfig and burning. Same result!!

I burn at 8x speed. If you have trouble, burn to an .iso file first, then to a DVD, using Disc Copier. Try one at 8x, and if doesn't work, try one at 4x.

I burn at 8x speed. If you have trouble, burn to an .iso file first, then to a DVD, using Disc Copier. Try one at 8x, and if doesn't work, try one at 4x.

Thanks, Brandpa, I burned one at 8x, same result. Will try the ISO route and let you know.

Im getting this too, have emailed roxio support done everything they say, makes no difference. The sync of my audio is very very slightly infront of the video, like 1/2 a second.

I have a dual core 3.4ghz, 128mb radeon card, and 1gb ram, fresh new install of xp.

Very frustrating bit of software i have to say.

Im getting this too, have emailed roxio support done everything they say, makes no difference. The sync of my audio is very very slightly infront of the video, like 1/2 a second.

I have a dual core 3.4ghz, 128mb radeon card, and 1gb ram, fresh new install of xp.

Very frustrating bit of software i have to say.

Read the posts in this thread.

Archived