Capture Device Has Been Lost Error

donna.rick@sympatico.ca

Question

I have a Adaptec AVC-2310 USB 2 video capture device. Works great with MYDVD4.x however after purchasing Media creator 8.0 I get the message Capture device has been lost after selecting the device from the drop down menu in media import this also happens in Manage Media. In essence it just doesn't work. I have Windows XP, 2.0 G processor, 80 Gig HD and high end graphics cards. Any ideas? or I'll just have to ask for a refund on this software package.

3 answers to this question

MyDVD 8 has nothing much in common with previous versions. Sonic and Roxio merged last year and EMC8 is a result of that. Most of the applications are based on previous Roxio products. Media Import doesn't work well with USB capture devices. First check with Adaptec to see if there are updated drivers. You can also use the software that came with it to capture and use those files with MyDVD 8 and Videowave 8.

Thanks for the info, too bad that the ads don't say this, looks like I've got a new 69 dollar coaster for my drinks. By the way, I went to Adaptec and no new drivers there. The saying fool me once.........comes to mind.

I looked at the Adaptec website. MyDVD 4 was for making the disc, but it looks like it came with other capture software. You should be able to use that software to capture and then use the files with MyDVD and Videowave 8. This is fairly common with USB capture devices and other analog capture devices.

MyDVD 8 has nothing much in common with previous versions. Sonic and Roxio merged last year and EMC8 is a result of that. Most of the applications are based on previous Roxio products. Media Import doesn't work well with USB capture devices. First check with Adaptec to see if there are updated drivers. You can also use the software that came with it to capture and use those files with MyDVD 8 and Videowave 8.

Archived