• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Up the Blu-Ray Creek

Wgentry

Question

I think I'm up the blu-ray creek without a paddle. I bought a blu-Ray burner from FastMac and installed in my my non-Intel G-5 Mac. I bought Adobe Encore CS3 which only works on my Intel Macbook Pro. I bought Toast 8 which I installed on the same Mac as the blu-ray burner.

So I author a blu-ray disc in Encore and output it as a Blu-Ray disc image. I then switch the drive over to the non-intel Mac and use Toast 8 to burn the disc using the VIDEO TS interface much like I would do for a standard DVD to a BD-R disc. I bought the Samsung BD-P 1000 player which claims to play BD-R discs. It does not play.

My question is: Can you burn a blu-ray disc image as a data disc or in the Video-TS interface of Toast 8 and expect it to play anywhere?

Thanks for any tips.

Warren Gentry

4 answers to this question

Burn the image to BD using Image format under Copy. Toast will not author a BD disc, but it will burn the image to BD. BD use UDF 2.5. If you use DVD format it is UDF 1.0.2.

Most BD players will not pay a BDMV from BD-R or BD-RE also.

That makes no sence. Bottom line a BD burned using Toast 8 will not work on a BD player period. Tje only way toast may have ahand in making BD dvds is coping a already made BD from another source. That can be done with Toast 7. Toast 8 sucks.

I think I'm up the blu-ray creek without a paddle. I bought a blu-Ray burner from FastMac and installed in my my non-Intel G-5 Mac. I bought Adobe Encore CS3 which only works on my Intel Macbook Pro. I bought Toast 8 which I installed on the same Mac as the blu-ray burner.

So I author a blu-ray disc in Encore and output it as a Blu-Ray disc image. I then switch the drive over to the non-intel Mac and use Toast 8 to burn the disc using the VIDEO TS interface much like I would do for a standard DVD to a BD-R disc. I bought the Samsung BD-P 1000 player which claims to play BD-R discs. It does not play.

My question is: Can you burn a blu-ray disc image as a data disc or in the Video-TS interface of Toast 8 and expect it to play anywhere?

Thanks for any tips.

Warren Gentry

You are up a creek if you want to use Toast 8 for anything but storing data on your BD. Toast does not burn compatible BD's it only works with BD burners to burn Dyno Data on a BD. Sounds confusing because that's what ROXIO intended with this upgrade, basically it's useless with BD. But you are on the right tract. If you haven't already buy a ext. case for your BD burner and plug it in to your Mac Book than burn with Encore this work perfectly and you will have a perfectly working BD. I'm making my fifth BD this way right now with no issues. Toast 8 is a waste of an update.

Archived