Update 9.1

Jimaz

Question

Tried to install the 9.1 update. Went through deleting version 9. I then got a message saying update failed, rolling back, Please try again later. When it rolled back i was left with nothing. I have the full version of version 9. Any idea why this happened?

I shut down all running apps.

22 answers to this question

In beta testing we did find that people that had problems with their 9.0 installation (even if it ran properly, we were able to find that there were some problems with the way it was installed) were very likely to have problems with the 9.1 update. The simplest thing to do (some of you may have already tried this) is to do a clean 9.0 install and then run the update patch.

I attempted a clean install last night on my main computer 64bit vista. That is when I got that error code. At lunch today, I tried to uninstall the roxio program from add/remove program, but it says that an install is inprocess and I cannot uninstall the program..

Its worse than it was before......

Also failed!

Before starting I used msconfig to turn off all services, except Microsoft services, and to turn off all startup items. Rebooted as administrator.

Started the install of 9.1.

It seemed to progress with normal prompts until it started to uninstall "Media Experience" After a few minutes a message came up "Setup has detected a previous installation of Roxio Media Experience" and asked if I wanted to uninstall - Yes. After a few minutes the same message came up. Said yes again. The process would have repeated all day, so I finally said "No".

It then moved on to uninstall "RecordNowTools". Exactly same process above.

It then moved on to uninstall "Easy Archive". Exactly same process above.

Conclusion: Roxio still doesn't know that with Vista 64 bit the Roxio programs install in folder "Program files (x86)" and not in folder "Program files". I started telling Roxio Customer Care this fact in June 2007 and they still don't get it. Their Article 000127CR (Revised April 11, 2007) describing a clean install in Vista refers ONLY to the "Program files" folder.

IF YOU HAVE SUCCESS, PLEASE STATE WHETHER YOU ARE USING VISTA 32 BIT OR VISTA 64 BIT!

Same for me. Now thewhole thing is uninstalled and I am left with nothing.

Did you turn off all start up programs via msconfig, and run the patch as admin?

My install took quite awhile, but went without a hitch on a hp laptop/vista.

RPG

Would you mind sharing on exactly what it messed up? I'm very curious.

It started up normally and then just hung up while it was removing my old EMC 9 system. Just went into an endless loop.

I had trouble getting onto the internet after that, went into safe mode, and undid all the damage using System Restore.

This new version doesn't even have the Backup function which I wanted. . Roxio has no pride in its software.

We should all be given a free version of 10.0 or a bug free version of 9.1

No but I re-installed the "old" version with all the start up programs and it installed without a glitch. Let's hope Roxio comes up with proper instructions how to run it.

i cannot say why or how this is happening to you EMC9 and your vista system ,

but in beta testing it worked a dream on the installs of 9 on my vista ultimate x86 version without a glitch on on lots of the testers.

Have you made sure you have stopped all AV (anti-virus apps) and make sure the nothing else is running at the same time?

also if you get any messages or errors please post them here so people here may be able to help you down the right path to get this sorted?

No but I re-installed the "old" version with all the start up programs and it installed without a glitch. Let's hope Roxio comes up with proper instructions how to run it.

At least you were able to re-install the "old" version. After installing the patch which reported it had installed properly, I rebooted the computer and nothing was there except drag to disk and XingTone. I cleaned my HD and registry and attempted to re-install EMC 9.0. I now have a message telling me that my key is invalid. :blink: I've run 3 registry cleaners and have gone through my registry by hand, and I still get the invalid key message and a new error message about the installer having to shut down in the process. I've gone from installing EMC 9.0 without any errors but with program bugs to not being able to install at all. :unsure: Roxio has done a great job on this patch that we've waited so long for! (that was sarcasm)

I feel I've been pretty patient waiting for the update only to find out it doesn't fix any of the bugs in the program. It's Vista compatable alright: by uninstalling itself from my computer, I don't have to worry about EMC 9 crashing my system.

I am very, very disappointed and it is with disappointment that I leave this product and manufacturer. So long and thanks for all the fish...

Archived