Problem deleting a section of video

Kevin B

Question

This has been discussed elsewhere, but my problem is slightly different.

I want to delete a 10 second clip from the middle of my movie, using VideoWave 9. So I set the markers at either end of the unwanted section, click between them to highlight it, and click the red X to delete the clip. The clip deletes, but in the process splits the video into two different blocks. The problem with this, of course, is that these blocks are now separate chapters when I compose the project in MyDVD.

How can I delete the clip and be left with one unsplit block of video?

3 answers to this question

B)-->

QUOTE(Kevin B @ Sep 13 2007, 12:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
of course, is that these blocks are now separate chapters when I compose the project in MyDVD.
Only if you have a marker there or if you have used Edit Chapter to create marks at beginning of each clip.

When you add the Videowave project to MyDVD, edit chapters. Select that ONE chapter, rigtht click and choose Remove. Click OK.

B)-->

QUOTE(Kevin B @ Sep 12 2007, 11:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This has been discussed elsewhere, but my problem is slightly different.

I want to delete a 10 second clip from the middle of my movie, using VideoWave 9. So I set the markers at either end of the unwanted section, click between them to highlight it, and click the red X to delete the clip. The clip deletes, but in the process splits the video into two different blocks. The problem with this, of course, is that these blocks are now separate chapters when I compose the project in MyDVD.

How can I delete the clip and be left with one unsplit block of video?

You can't avoid the split. It's how the software knows where to stop and start when it compiles the output from the source video. If you don;t want a chapter point to be created there, just remove the "marker". A split does not automatically create a chapter point, it's the marker in videowave that will, which can be placed anywhere, not just at splits.

Archived