• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Wide Screen Format Not Working

RC_Robert

Question

I have searched the forums and tried all suggestions. Maybe someone can sum it all up. I have a JVC Everio hard drive camera which records all its video as *.MOD files. Just great as EMC 9 does not read them. I renamed 768 files to give the the *.mpg extension. Thanks all this worked and I can play them in EMC 9. However all these clips were recorded in wide screen and EMC plays them back in a 4:3 format. Even when I select the 16:9 editing format. Even the thumb nails are 4:3.

The videos play as wide screen in windows media player and the crappy software that came with the camera. Any ideas?????????????

Does EMC have a patch that will allow the use of MOD files? Does EMC 10 handle them?

I feel like I just wasted my money on ver 9. Other software will handle MOD files why not EMC 9???

Robert

4 answers to this question

they are doing something proprietary and most software does not recognize their 16:9 flag.

Not sure about the flag??? Windows media player plays the files in Wide Screen after they are renamed from *.mod to *.mpg.. Why not the Roxio Products? This limits the Roxio products usability to me and others with this problem. If it can't read these files then I wasted my money. Please there must be a way to fix this?

Robert

Unfortunately, it's the camcorder. This is a know issue with the JVC Everio camcorders. Even though JVC chose MPEG file format, they are doing something proprietary and most software does not recognize their 16:9 flag.

EMC 9 nor 10 will handle the JVC files correctly.

You should have a CD that came with your camcorder that includes software that will properly handle and convert the files. Once converted, you can use the files in EMC 9 just fine.

Not sure about the flag??? Windows media player plays the files in Wide Screen after they are renamed from *.mod to *.mpg.. Why not the Roxio Products? This limits the Roxio products usability to me and others with this problem. If it can't read these files then I wasted my money. Please there must be a way to fix this?

Robert

We are sure and Gary has spent quite a bit of time tracking this down!

Do as he suggest and you will not have any problems… Or go your own way looking for some Easy button and it will never work.

Robert

My daughter and my nephew have JVC Everio camcorders. I've spent weeks if not months on this problem. It IS a known problem with the camcorder. Use Google. There are tons of forums and posts talking about it.

Use the software that came WITH THE CAMCORDER to convert to standard MPEG files and you won't have a problem in Videowave or MyDVD.

Archived