• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Sonic Record Engine Update

JulioPerez

Question

It is just me or is the roxio sonic the worst support page ever????

I have been looking for 2 hours for the Sonic Record Engine Update and I found it in 2 places but when I click on the link it takes me right back to the beginning

Not Only I have to endure weeks and weeks of looking around for the problem with my sony dvd but now that I found the answer I can't download the thing.

SHAME ON YOU ROXIO!!!!!!!!!SONIC or wherever your name is!!!!!!

9 answers to this question

Temporaily turn off pop-up blockers (it is a pop-up), advertising filters (it has the word "promotion" in it), firewalls (including the Microsoft one, if you have it and it has been activated by a Microsoft update without your knowledge or consent).

If that doesn't work, temporarily turn off the Virus-scanner. If that doesn't work, some people have been successful by trying a different browser, such as Firefox or Opera. Both can be downloaded free; Firefox is around 4.5MB, and Opera is a little over 3MB. (Digital Guru d_deweywright reports that when using Opera, it is necessary to enable the Referrer Logging, and actually restart the browser.)

Lynn

Temporaily turn off pop-up blockers (it is a pop-up), advertising filters (it has the word "promotion" in it), firewalls (including the Microsoft one, if you have it and it has been activated by a Microsoft update without your knowledge or consent).

If that doesn't work, temporarily turn off the Virus-scanner. If that doesn't work, some people have been successful by trying a different browser, such as Firefox or Opera. Both can be downloaded free; Firefox is around 4.5MB, and Opera is a little over 3MB. (Digital Guru d_deweywright reports that when using Opera, it is necessary to enable the Referrer Logging, and actually restart the browser.)

Lynn

thanks L...

I tried Internet Explorer and Firefox, I removed all the pop ups blocker and all the antivirus....the thing is just not there and SONIC is just taken the micky out of people.

Hi,

I am trying to download Sonic Record Engine

(PXEngine) "Sonic Record Engine Update"

http://support.sonic.com/dwnld/engine.asp?

Ah good. Thought it might be the PXEngine you were trying to get, just wanted to be sure. Here are direct links to the two latest ones. These can be found in a pinned post on the boards here and in some of the Roxio KB articles, but this should save you time. That Sonic page has been a pain. I never could get it to work right either.

**** PX Engine 2.08

http://docs.sonic.com/support/px/pxengine2_08_40d.exe

**** PX Engine 3.0

http://images.roxio.com/en/support/pxengine3_00_58a.zip

Good, glad to hear you were able to get them. BTW, You should only need to run one of them. I included both just case you need the newer one. I suggest trying the 2.08 one first and see if that works for you. If it does, you wouldn't need to run the 3.0 one. Let us know how it goes. Good Luck.

Archived