• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Burning Blu-Ray DVD with Toast 8

Wgentry

Question

I think I'm up the blu-ray creek without a paddle. I bought a blu-Ray burner from FastMac and installed in my my non-Intel G-5 Mac. I bought Adobe Encore CS3 which only works on my Intel Macbook Pro. I bought Toast 8 which I installed on the same Mac as the blu-ray burner.

So I author a blu-ray disc in Encore and output it as a Blu-Ray disc image. I then switch the drive over to the non-intel Mac and use Toast 8 to burn the disc using the VIDEO TS interface much like I would do for a standard DVD to a BD-R disc. I bought the Samsung BD-P 1000 player which claims to play BD-R discs. It does not play.

My question is: Can you burn a blu-ray disc image as a data disc or in the Video-TS interface of Toast 8 and expect it to play anywhere?

Thanks for any tips.

Warren Gentry

1 answer to this question

I think I'm up the blu-ray creek without a paddle. I bought a blu-Ray burner from FastMac and installed in my my non-Intel G-5 Mac. I bought Adobe Encore CS3 which only works on my Intel Macbook Pro. I bought Toast 8 which I installed on the same Mac as the blu-ray burner.

So I author a blu-ray disc in Encore and output it as a Blu-Ray disc image. I then switch the drive over to the non-intel Mac and use Toast 8 to burn the disc using the VIDEO TS interface much like I would do for a standard DVD to a BD-R disc. I bought the Samsung BD-P 1000 player which claims to play BD-R discs. It does not play.

My question is: Can you burn a blu-ray disc image as a data disc or in the Video-TS interface of Toast 8 and expect it to play anywhere?

Thanks for any tips.

Warren Gentry

First thing to check is the firmware on your Sammy, only version 1.0 will play BD-R/RE. If it was a different firmware, I believe there is a way to get it back to 1.0 (not sure since I don't own one).

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=20850

Archived