Moser Baer launches DVD burner under own brand name

cdanteek

For some of you the name Moser Baer might ring a bell. This company from India is a pretty big manufacturer of CD and DVD recordables and is now launching a DVD burner by its own brand name.

The Verbatim five color Light Scribe CD-R disc's I bought are Moser Baer.

CD-DVD Speed: Disc Info

Basic Information

Disc type: : CD-R

Manufacturer: : Moser Baer

MID : 97m17s06f

Write speeds: : 4 X - 8 X - 16 X - 32 X - 48 X

Capacity: : 79:59.74

: 703 MB

Extended Information

Usage : General

Disc Status : Empty

Article

Moser Baer Launches ODD

Moser Baer has announced the launch of its Optical Disk Drive (ODD), that's Combo drive and DVD writer marking its foray into the PC peripherals industry.

Moser Baer in partnership with Taiwan's Philips & Lite-On Digital Solutions has launched its ODDs in India christened as Moser Baer-Lite-on.

According to Deepak Puri, CMD of Moser Baer, India, it has been our constant endeavor at Moser Baer to reach out to our potential and existing target customers with high quality products in various segments.

The newly launched E-IDE 20x DVD writer can burn DVDs at speed of up to 20X (provided you've 20X media as well). It supports single (DVD5) and dual-layered DVDs (DVD9) as well as most other types of media like DVD-R, DVD +R, etc.

Puri further added, "Our commitment toward providing our customers with products that are high quality and value additive have always driven us to new heights in our existing and emerging businesses of blank optical storage media to photovoltaic to entertainment and now to PC peripherals."

The price of the ODD is Rs 1800 for DVD RW and Rs 1400 for Combo drives.

The products are available across India with Neoteric and Salora as national distributors for it.

For some of you the name Moser Baer might ring a bell. This company from India is a pretty big manufacturer of CD and DVD recordables and is now launching a DVD burner by its own brand name.

The Verbatim five color Light Scribe CD-R disc's I bought are Moser Baer.

The price of the ODD is Rs 1800 for DVD RW and Rs 1400 for Combo drives.

The products are available across India with Neoteric and Salora as national distributors for it.

1800 rupees = ca $45 and 1400 is $35. That's really inexpensive but by the time they get here there will be competitive with the other products.

Were you ever able to find light scribe DVD discs in colors other than the original?

No DVD - + R color light scribe media I know of yet. :angry2:

I'm a HP 5160 CD/DVD Ink Jet convert, doubt if I'll look back! :)

cd ;)

To impress people I use my Epson R800; to save ink and get rid of a bunch of lightscribe discs and when I'm not in a hurry and for my own use Lightscribe is great. ;)

When I saw this topic first, I misread it as Moser Beer - shows where my mind is :lol:
Maybe you had just read the thread that refered to Abita pecan? That Sam Adams cherry was also pretty good! B)

My hometown in the coal/limestone quarry area of Pennsylvania has just opened a Irish Pub type establishment. That's the first place I'm going on a short vacation next week.

Maybe you had just read the thread that refered to Abita pecan? That Sam Adams cherry was also pretty good! B)

My hometown in the coal/limestone quarry area of Pennsylvania has just opened a Irish Pub type establishment. That's the first place I'm going on a short vacation next week.

Need some company? Does PA have a large number of Irish there? :lol:

Need some company? Does PA have a large number of Irish there? :lol:

No, just one is all it takes. :P

The town is a real mishmash of things but it is in a depressed area. When I lived there, the population was Central European - Polish, Czek, Russian , a few Italians and a lot of Middle Eastern (Syrian.) As a kid I loved to go to the Huflas (party/picnic/food/dancing) Also Home of Zambelli fireworks, Many Amish communities nearby. Soon to have a harness racetrack and gambling in the area.

Normal drink - a shot and a beer ! :blink::P

Archived