• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

AC3 surround question

coasterfun

Question

3 answers to this question

Hi,

Is it possible to use Toast 8 to copy an iDVD project and then replace the audio in that porject with an Dolby Digital AC3 surround file?

Thanks!

No, Toast will keep the audio in its source format unless Toast is encoding the video as well.

I know of an application that can change PCM and MPEG audio to Dolby Digital. But there is no way this can be done and retain the iDVD menus.

No, Toast will keep the audio in its source format unless Toast is encoding the video as well.

I know of an application that can change PCM and MPEG audio to Dolby Digital. But there is no way this can be done and retain the iDVD menus.

Okay, thanks for the response. Just trying to figure out how to create 5.1 discs without spending $1300 on Final Cut Studio.

Did I read somewhere hear that you can create a 5.1 DVD disc by holding the option key down while dragging an AC3 file into Toast? What kind of video track will work with this disc format? A still image?

Thanks.

Okay, thanks for the response. Just trying to figure out how to create 5.1 discs without spending $1300 on Final Cut Studio.

Did I read somewhere hear that you can create a 5.1 DVD disc by holding the option key down while dragging an AC3 file into Toast? What kind of video track will work with this disc format? A still image?

Thanks.

Toast encodes 2.0 AC3. It can use an existing 5.1 track. Tthere is the trick of using the option key to add an AC3 audio track to Toast but it's late and I don't remember what formats this works with. Toast does not add audio at all to still image slide shows. I know I can add AC3 to a music DVD. When the MPEG video and audio are separate streams the process is to add the video stream to Toast and it will automatically add the audio (even if it is AC3) or ask you to select the audio stream if Toast can't find it.

Archived