• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Project opens as blank. Can it be fixed?

jdmack

Question

I have a DVDit project that I created in July. My client wants me to reauthor the DVD with a minor change to the menu text. When I open the project, DVDit goes through all the motions, and when it is done, what is open is a blank project. None of my media, my menus or anything is there! All of the files are still on my computer. Is there anything I can do to bring this project back to life? Yes, I can recreate it from scratch, but that would take too much time in this case.

J. D.

5 answers to this question

I had initially deleted one of the video files that the project was looking for. Once I realized that I archived the file, I let the project finish opening, and then closed it without saving. Then I reloaded the file onto my computer. Everything is in the same location as it was when I first authored the DVD. If I look at the date of the project file in Windows Explorer, it's still dated from July, so I know I didn't overwrite the project.

J. D.

J.D. and SS Scott,

Was this ever resolved? I have the same problem. And I definitely moved lots of files around when I added a new external drive. However, usually when I open an old project, it says "X number of files are missing" and gives me a chance to search for them. This isn't happening. I just get a blank project. Is there any way I can "fix" the problem and get my old projects to open again? I can't even get the menus back.

Robert

did you move everything around on your computer? is there an external drive that the application is not finding?

I had initially deleted one of the video files that the project was looking for. Once I realized that I archived the file, I let the project finish opening, and then closed it without saving. Then I reloaded the file onto my computer. Everything is in the same location as it was when I first authored the DVD. If I look at the date of the project file in Windows Explorer, it's still dated from July, so I know I didn't overwrite the project.

J. D.

J.D. and SS Scott,

Was this ever resolved? I have the same problem. And I definitely moved lots of files around when I added a new external drive. However, usually when I open an old project, it says "X number of files are missing" and gives me a chance to search for them. This isn't happening. I just get a blank project. Is there any way I can "fix" the problem and get my old projects to open again? I can't even get the menus back.

Robert

I'm having the same problem and have not moved any files or changed anything on my system. I dave the project to my system drive and when I go to open it the next day, I see it as a DVDIT Pro 6 project. It goes through themotions of opening something but it turns out to be a "new" project. Any ideas out there???

Archived