Roxio not working after installing Office 2007

Pixie12775

Question

I have a Windows Vista 32-bit operating system. I have the full version of EMC 9.0 on my PC. I have been using this fine until I installed Office 2007. Now I keep getting an error that Roxio has stopped working when I try to open it. I have tried un-installing and re-installing, but still have had no luck. Any advice would be appreciated.

2 answers to this question

During beta testing, Office 2007 was known to break many things and there are still reports like yours of what it does. However, I have it running in Vista Ultimate 32 and have had no problems. But, I installed Office 2007 before installing most other software and that may be the difference. I've also done Office updates twice with not side effects.

Thanks for the advice. I tried a little bit of everything and could not get the 2 to work together. I gave up and restored my system to the way it was before installing Office. Nero actually wouldn't work either. I have since re-installed Roxio and Nero and they are (knock on wood) working fine. I don't think I'm re-installing Office until I can be sure my other software isn't going to conflict. There really isn't much information on this. I have read lots of posts where people have had problems, but no resolutions..............

I have a Windows Vista 32-bit operating system. I have the full version of EMC 9.0 on my PC. I have been using this fine until I installed Office 2007. Now I keep getting an error that Roxio has stopped working when I try to open it. I have tried un-installing and re-installing, but still have had no luck. Any advice would be appreciated.

During beta testing, Office 2007 was known to break many things and there are still reports like yours of what it does. However, I have it running in Vista Ultimate 32 and have had no problems. But, I installed Office 2007 before installing most other software and that may be the difference. I've also done Office updates twice with not side effects.

Archived