Error In Mfc71u.dll. Anyone Else?

trlowe

Question

I have EMC Version 8 and recently got a new computer. When I installed EMC8 on the new system, it acts strange and crashes. Using Creator Classic when I add the files to the list and click "Burn", most of the time it does nothing but sit there. If I try to change any project settings to get it to work, it crashes with the dialog "...has encountered an error and needs to close." The message is "AppName: creator8.exe AppVer: 8.0.5.47 ModName: mfc71u.dll ModVer: 7.10.3077.0 Offset: 000192d2" I have tried this with and without the 8.0.5 patch same results. I have uninstalled and reinstalled still no luck.

Anyone else had this problem and found a fix?

6 answers to this question

The first thing I usually suspect is a conflict with some other software. If your system came with a burner, it came with burner software (usually a 'lite' version). If you have Nero or Sonic installed, it may also have InCD or DLA installed which will conflict with EMC's Drag to Disc. These are packet writing programs and you can't have more than one installed or you'll have problems.

Yes, that would do it. However, this is a brand-new install of Windows XP Pro SP2. I have not installed any other programs that would do that. In fact, I don't have as many programs installed as before I rebuilt the system. (One of my goals was to clean up).

I have done a binary compare of the .dll file referenced with several of the others on the system provided by other applications and they appear identical so I know the file is not corrupted. This file is apparently a common MS dialog-handling file because many applications come with their own copy of it.

Anyway, I'm still looking.

I have EMC Version 8 and recently got a new computer. When I installed EMC8 on the new system, it acts strange and crashes. Using Creator Classic when I add the files to the list and click "Burn", most of the time it does nothing but sit there. If I try to change any project settings to get it to work, it crashes with the dialog "...has encountered an error and needs to close." The message is "AppName: creator8.exe AppVer: 8.0.5.47 ModName: mfc71u.dll ModVer: 7.10.3077.0 Offset: 000192d2" I have tried this with and without the 8.0.5 patch same results. I have uninstalled and reinstalled still no luck.

I have no fix but I have the exact same problem, and I never installed drag to disk. I hope somone finds an answer soon. Running Win XP Professional SP2

I have no fix but I have the exact same problem, and I never installed drag to disk. I hope somone finds an answer soon. Running Win XP Professional SP2

Yeah, I have not heard anything from Roxio either but I suspect that Roxio is not finding the right version of that .dll file. If you search your hard drive for that file name you will find that every media application basically includes their own version of it. I think I had 6 or 7 of them. They are all identical. But I have had those same applications installed for a long time before I rebuilt the system and never had any issues with conflicts before so who knows.

Roxio? Are you out there? Help us please!!!

The first thing I usually suspect is a conflict with some other software. If your system came with a burner, it came with burner software (usually a 'lite' version). If you have Nero or Sonic installed, it may also have InCD or DLA installed which will conflict with EMC's Drag to Disc. These are packet writing programs and you can't have more than one installed or you'll have problems.

mfc71u.dll is a Microsoft file, part of MFCDLL Shared Library and MS visual Studio .NET. v 7.10.3077.0, 1,047,552 bytes is the current version, which dates from 2003, I think. As trlowe ssys many apps include it in their own program folders.

EMC 8 includes it in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\Roxio Central\Main.

However when I check the modules loaded when I open creator classic (using What's Running or Process Explorer), I see that the one used by Creator Classic on my system is actually in C:\Windows|System32 folder. You could check if that is the case for you. Maybe the one used by Creator Classic has got corrupted. If you have another copy on your system, try copying it to the appropriate folder. You can also download it from

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?mfc71u.

What's running from

http://www.whatsrunning.net/whatsrunning/DownloadBeta.aspx

Process Explorer from

http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/ProcessExplorer.html

Archived