• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 22 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Copy Football game from Windows Media Center to DVD

noclue23

Question

I copied a Football game that is 3.5 hrs long to my hard drive using Windows Media Center (cable hooked up to my PC).

Is there any way to split up the video so that it can be copied onto two DVDs?

Not enough room on a DVD+R DL.

Are there recording options using Windows Media Center that I should have used to acheive this?

Thanks!

8 answers to this question

I copied a Football game that is 3.5 hrs long to my hard drive using Windows Media Center (cable hooked up to my PC).

Is there any way to split up the video so that it can be copied onto two DVDs?

Not enough room on a DVD+R DL.

Are there recording options using Windows Media Center that I should have used to acheive this?

Thanks!

Videowave can be used to split the file up into as many pieces as you'd like and it's simple to do. What is the size of the file? Does it contain all the commercials? If so, you can use VW to cut the commercials and you'd be surprised how much that decreases the file size.

I find VW time consuming to cut commercials and while I do cut using VW, when I have much cutting, I use VideoReDo to cut out the commercials. It's much faster but it made specifically for that. It also does not re-encode so you get the same quality out as you put in.

Videowave can be used to split the file up into as many pieces as you'd like and it's simple to do. What is the size of the file? Does it contain all the commercials? If so, you can use VW to cut the commercials and you'd be surprised how much that decreases the file size.

I find VW time consuming to cut commercials and while I do cut using VW, when I have much cutting, I use VideoReDo to cut out the commercials. It's much faster but it made specifically for that. It also does not re-encode so you get the same quality out as you put in.

So does Roxio Creator v9 have Videowave and VideoRdDo? I will go get an Abita Havest Pecan while I await a response..Thanks for your help.

So does Roxio Creator v9 have Videowave and VideoRdDo? I will go get an Abita Havest Pecan while I await a response..Thanks for your help.

Never had that one. I like a lot of the Sam Adams beers.

Roxio EMC has Video Wave it is a very good video editor. VideoReDO is not a Roxio product but it does something faster than VideoWave so it is OK to recommend for that application.

No, VideoReDo is a separate company. I don't usually recommend other programs that do the same thing EMC does but in this case, I do because VW is much more than a adverts cutter. VW can do transitions, edits, multilayer audio and much more and definitely can cut out the commercials. I just find it a bit cumbersome for the process and VideoReDo was worth the extra expense for me. There are others out there but I'm not sure if they work on MC files.

I got a six pack of Harvest Pecan this weekend and never got around to trying it. I'm not into 'flavor' beers but it won't be around long. What part of the world are you in?

No, VideoReDo is a separate company. I don't usually recommend other programs that do the same thing EMC does but in this case, I do because VW is much more than a adverts cutter. VW can do transitions, edits, multilayer audio and much more and definitely can cut out the commercials. I just find it a bit cumbersome for the process and VideoReDo was worth the extra expense for me. There are others out there but I'm not sure if they work on MC files.

I got a six pack of Harvest Pecan this weekend and never got around to trying it. I'm not into 'flavor' beers but it won't be around long. What part of the world are you in?

Seeing how your listed as living in The Big Easy, I figured you were from NO. I am in BR. The Football game in question was the Va Tech @ LSU (12.7GB file). Re: Pecan Harvest Ale: You can barely taste the nutty flavor as an aftertaste. I think you will like it. It was a big hit at all the tailgate paties this past weekend.

Thanks for your help.

Seeing how your listed as living in The Big Easy, I figured you were from NO. I am in BR. The Football game in question was the Va Tech @ LSU (12.7GB file). Re: Pecan Harvest Ale: You can barely taste the nutty flavor as an aftertaste. I think you will like it. It was a big hit at all the tailgate paties this past weekend.

Thanks for your help.

G O T I G E R S !

post-79-1189710885.gif

Never had that one. I like a lot of the Sam Adams beers.

Roxio EMC has Video Wave it is a very good video editor. VideoReDO is not a Roxio product but it does something faster than VideoWave so it is OK to recommend for that application.

Thanks for the post. Abita is a microbrewery in Louisiana.

G O T I G E R S !

Geaux Tigers!

If I could figure how to do it, I would post a picture of Mike VI.

Thanks for the post. Abita is a microbrewery in Louisiana.

Geaux Tigers!

If I could figure how to do it, I would post a picture of Mike VI.

Well, this really isn't the place to continue this as it's not the Chat area but since I think you've got all the info you need in answer to your question and since I can post a picture (and like LSU and Abita Beer), I'll post a picture and then we can handle any other football/beer conversations in a private message or the general chat area.

post-79-1189712563.gif

post-79-1189712672.jpg

Archived