• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Vista Install

Haywire

Question

I installed EMC10 on Vista, but anytime I try to click and run any of the programs in the EMC10 Suite I get the spinning circle for a moment and then nothing. None of the programs run at all. I have uninstalled EMC10 and reinstalled, but still no success. Anyone have any suggestions?

4 answers to this question

OK. I have a solution to my problem. I am running Norton SystemWorks on Vista. There is the one-button check-up feature that runs every week. When it runs it removes/corrupts the install of EMC10. Once I told the program not to run the registry scans, I have had no problem running the program and have not had to re-install the program. Hope this solution helps some. Other Norton/Symantec programs may cause similar problems.

OK. I have a solution to my problem. I am running Norton SystemWorks on Vista. There is the one-button check-up feature that runs every week. When it runs it removes/corrupts the install of EMC10. Once I told the program not to run the registry scans, I have had no problem running the program and have not had to re-install the program. Hope this solution helps some. Other Norton/Symantec programs may cause similar problems.

Glad you found it. Issues with Norton OBC has been posted all over the forums, for the past 6-8 months.

Archived