• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Double Layer disk with EMC 8

colnagoboy

Question

hi,

I have a HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4120B running on XP Pro SP2 32 bit,

with Athlon 64 4000+.

I would like to burn a 5GB iso image onto a DVD 9 disk (Verbatim DVD+R DL 8.5GB),

but EMC 8 always comes up with an error during burning.

Are there certain settings I should know about?

Thanks in advance

18 answers to this question

would like to burn a 5GB iso image onto a DVD 9 disk (Verbatim DVD+R DL 8.5GB),

but EMC 8 always comes up with an error during burning.

What type of iso image? What program are you trying to burn in? What is the error? What burn x speed are you using?

cd

What type of iso image? What program are you trying to burn in? What is the error? What burn x speed are you using?

cd

The ISO image is not a movie. It's a sort of instruction DVD comprising a bunch of .mov files in a folder with a Macromedia Projector file controlling them.

The error message is the following:

Sense: 03 ASC: 0C ASCQ: 00 (Command 35)

--------------------------------------------------

PX.dll: 2.7.42.500

PxAFS.DLL: 1.0.0.1

pxdrv.dll: 1.1.75.0

PxMas.dll:2.7.42.500

PxSFS.DLL: 2.7.42.500

PxWave.dll 2.7.42.500

PXWMA.dll: 1.0.0.3

I used 4x burn speed.

hope this will clarify better.

Thank you

EMC 8 is a suite of programs, what program in the suite did you use to try and burn the ISO image? Disc copier because that is where you posted? Open Disc copier from start, all programs, Roxio EMC 8, copy, Disc Copier, click up top help, about and list your version #.

cd

EMC 8 is a suite of programs, what program in the suite did you use to try and burn the ISO image? Disc copier because that is where you posted? Open Disc copier from start, all programs, Roxio EMC 8, copy, Disc Copier, click up top help, about and list your version #.

cd

Roxio RecordNow Copy

Version: 3.0.0

Build: 300B66B, R8D

you should be using Creator Classic. I don't know if Record Now works with DL DVDs

My version 9, Record Now works with DL DVDs. I agree with Walt use Creator Classic, file burn disc image. It won't play in a settop DVD player, is that what you want?

cd

My version 9, Record Now works with DL DVDs. I agree with Walt use Creator Classic, file burn disc image. It won't play in a settop DVD player, is that what you want?

cd

Thanks guys!

I tried with Creator Classic, too.

It came up with an error, saying the medium is not compatible.

Thanks guys!

I tried with Creator Classic, too.

It came up with an error, saying the medium is not compatible.

To identify your drive in XP. Right click my computer and click properties. The system properties window opens, click the Hardware tab and then click device manager. The Device Manager Window opens. From the top view, make sure a dot is next to view devices by type. Click the + next to DVD/CD-Rom Drives. Post what it reads?

cd

What sort of media/speed are you trying to use?

According to CDInfo

The LG GSA-4120B supports 12X DVD+R, 8X DVD-R, 4X DVD±RW, 5X DVD-RAM and 2.4X DVD+R DL writing according to the official specifications.

If that is so, and you're not using 2.4 speed +R DL blanks at 2.4x or less, then I think you will get an error message saying your medium is incompatible.

Regards,

Brendon

What sort of media/speed are you trying to use?

According to CDInfo

If that is so, and you're not using 2.4 speed +R DL blanks at 2.4x or less, then I think you will get an error message saying your medium is incompatible.

Regards,

Brendon

I tried with 2x & 1x burn speed with no luck.

The error message says, "Cannot Write Medium."

Thanks anyway.

I tried with 2x & 1x burn speed with no luck.

The error message says, "Cannot Write Medium."

Thanks anyway.

I would guess the ISO, drive, or the media. Download ImgBurn, Google a free download. Use the test function it won't actually write to the disc. If ImgBurn dosen't like your ISO it should tell you and if you get a write error in test mode it will fail.

cd

What kind of blanks do you have? Are they 8x or 16x or something like that - something higher than 2.4x?

If so, you may need to update the firmware for the drive for it to be able to recognize the dics.

Back in CD days, it was the burning program that got the updates to recognize newer discs. Now it's the drive firmware that gets the updates.

Lynn

I would guess the ISO, drive, or the media. Download ImgBurn, Google a free download. Use the test function it won't actually write to the disc. If ImgBurn dosen't like your ISO it should tell you and if you get a write error in test mode it will fail.

cd

I checked the iso image with Daemon Tool.

It shows the contents of the file without hitch.

My drive has the latest firmware.

The only thing I can come across is the disk.

Which brands do you guys recommend for DVD 9 disks?

Which brands do you guys recommend for DVD 9 disks?

Try extracting the files with MagicISO like the post Brendon pointed you to. Or Try ImgBurn with the ISO.

Your post #13 "Cannot Write Medium" could that of had this with it,

'Incompatible Format'?

I have always used Verbatim DVD + R Dual Layer media. I have only had one failure and it was a drive firmware problem. I slowed the next disc down to 2.4x and the same Verbatim burned fine.

cd

Archived