ADS Tech Device not working

thomassligo

:glare: i went and bought the RDX150 box Instanct Music Ver. 1.3 which had the Nero Audio Suite on it from PC World. I registered with both Nero and ADStech to no avail. The problem is the computer i bought 3 months ago which i was told had everthing up to date on it cannot read the device when i put it into the USB. i tried the same package with a friends computer which doesn't have vista but windows XP. it did not work. apart from banging my head off the wall with nero and ADStech, i come to you for a solution.

:glare: i went and bought the RDX150 box Instanct Music Ver. 1.3 which had the Nero Audio Suite on it from PC World. I registered with both Nero and ADStech to no avail. The problem is the computer i bought 3 months ago which i was told had everthing up to date on it cannot read the device when i put it into the USB. i tried the same package with a friends computer which doesn't have vista but windows XP. it did not work. apart from banging my head off the wall with nero and ADStech, i come to you for a solution.

I have an ADS Tech Instant Music unit myself. Running on Windows 2000, there's no problem capturing Audio. You may want to check ADS Tech's web site for new drivers. I honestly don't recall if I had to do that or not. My issue is that there is no digital volume control on that device, that is, there's no mixer application for it. If you need to adjust the volume you're getting from it (say, to avoid clipping) you need to do that by adjusting the signal going into it with some sort of preamp between whatever you're feeding into it (turntable, tape deck, etc.) and the ADS Tech Instant Audio device.

Now, here's the fun part. The software that comes with it, has a package for passing the digital input from the USB port to your sound card so you can listen as you record, but you have to be using that package. I don't. I usually use CDWave to do my recording. You can still record okay, but you can't hear the audio unless you're feeding it into your sound card as a parallel signal.

Now, flip that around and feed your signal into your sound card first, and feed a parallel signal from your sound card to your speakers and the ADS Tech device. Now, by controlling the output of your sound card, you control the input to the ADS Tech unit, voila! The preamp needed to control the input signal!

But I digress, as usual....

Archived