9.1 Patch / INVALID KEY?!

Tony_PHXAZ

Question

Hello All,

I just patched my 9.0 EZ Media Creator installation on Vista. The update installed ok, no errors on reboot etc...anyways...

When I go to launch Videowave, it tries to activate with the Roxio registration servers. Invalid key is the response. What is going on? Please advise if you have a fix.

Please don't be a smart-aleck, yes this is a valid owned product. I have owned every version since 4 in the Adaptec days.

Tony

9 answers to this question

I used the fix and it solved the problem so far. This error started after I attempted to install the 9.1 update, so I never thought to use this patch for a problem I never have had before when installing EMC 9.0. Now why would I start experiencing all of the troubles that have been reported only AFTER trying to update to 9.1?

I did not write the program, so I cannot say… (I doubt I could write a program this complex in 3 lifetimes!!!)

Try the patch if you still have it, still cannot get to the link today…

Did either of you try the fix from the KB???

I used the fix and it solved the problem so far. This error started after I attempted to install the 9.1 update, so I never thought to use this patch for a problem I never have had before when installing EMC 9.0. Now why would I start experiencing all of the troubles that have been reported only AFTER trying to update to 9.1?

When I go to launch Videowave, it tries to activate with the Roxio registration servers. Invalid key is the response. What is going on? Please advise if you have a fix.

Same thing happened to me, only all the programs that were supposed to be installed were never installed. I've now run 4 registry cleaners, did the clean install per roxio, have run roxizap, and have combed the registry by hand and still can't EMC 9.0 to re-install because my CD Key is invalid. The only thing I have left to do is reformat the computer. I said yesterday that I was done with Roxio/Sonic/EMC, but couldn't help but come back to see if they had made a mistake in providing the wrong patch to the wrong link or if a fix had been found. I now feel even more burned by this product. If I can't find a fix by the end of the new posts, I'm putting my disks though the shredder and washing my hands of this company/product. I have a feeling I need to plug in my shredder...

<_< OK, same problem. I also checked my filed registration here online in "My Account" for EMC9 and it shows a different key than the one in the inside of the case! I bought a boxed disk upgrade shipped to me last November 19th.

I had it working for a while then Drag to Disk started playing badly with others and I had to msconfig him. Then EMC quit altogether with an error message suggesting I reinstall. Ironical, ani't it?

I moved just about then and didn't have any work until recently which is why I'm reinstalling now.

I can't get permission to delete the Roxio folder. That's after using Uninstall and Clean-Up and finding some pieces of v7 here and there not uninstalled.

This is after v5 v7 v7.5 v8, and various fixes and add-ons. I understand the R&D it takes to keep this current with changing standards and formats but customers expect someone to show a great concern when they are out the dough and it don't work.

Thanks to the volunteer heros who hang out here. :wub:

Brent

I can't get permission to delete the Roxio folder.

In order to delete the Roxio folder, you have to take control of it. First, uninstall EMC using the following:

Windows Installer Cleanup Utility

RoxiZap

Roxio Clean Install for Vista KB

Reboot your computer. Now this is where the fun with Vista begins :P If you still have the Roxio folder, open it and delete any files left behind. Any file left behind in the Roxio folder will not allow you to delete the folder. To take control of the files and folders:

--> right click the file/folder

--> select Properties

--> select Security Tab

--> under Permissions for System select Advanced

--> select Owner Tab

--> select Edit

--> highlight Administrators profile (I also do this for the users profile too.) and click Apply (You

can also check the box next to Replace owner on subcontainers and objects)

--> Click OK until you are back to the Properties window under the Security tab.

--> Click Edit, select the Administrator profile, and check under Allow next to Full Control.

Exit the properties window and you can now delete the file.

Archived