• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

umpireshort

Need new burning and viewing software

Question

Hi

I have an amd 64 athlon x2 4600, vista home premium, 160 hd 2gig ram, on board nvidia, i was using nero oem, and that expired on the vision and showtime and i can not get the dvd plug in to open it. What is there with Roxio that would work on Vista Home premium, on my system? I had the old easy 5 i think it was, and that always worked good on my old pc. I have a liteon burner lightscribe. If you can suggest,

thanks

if this is in the wrong section maybe you can put it in the right one?

is there windows firewall issues here or administrative privileges, i am set as administrator.

does the onboard video not comply?

thanks

:)

it is a 32 bit system, sorry

Edited by umpireshort

6 answers to this question

First of all, I don't see where it was posted that umpiershort has Vista 64, so the advice about that possibly having issues doesn't apply here.

EMC v10 is the product that you want to be looking at. Yes if all you have for a video addapter is an onboard chip, that may be an issue. The Video software uses the video adapters GPU to do much of the processing and it needs to be fully compatible with Directx 9. Most Onboard video chips fall short in this area.

i should have mentioned, mine is a 32 bit system, does that make a difference?

thanks

Not really. In common with 99% of all application software, EMC 10 is 32 bit. There are extremely few apps that are true 64 bit. It will install and run on a 64 bit oS, but installs in the x86 Program Files folder (thatat's where 32 bit apps go).

I have installed it with no problem in Vista 32 bit, XP Pro 32 and 64

Hi

I have an amd 64 athlon x2 4600, vista home premium, 160 hd 2gig ram, on board nvidia, i was using nero oem, and that expired on the vision and showtime and i can not get the dvd plug in to open it. What is there with Roxio that would work on Vista Home premium, on my system? I had the old easy 5 i think it was, and that always worked good on my old pc. I have a liteon burner lightscribe. If you can suggest,

thanks

if this is in the wrong section maybe you can put it in the right one?

is there windows firewall issues here or administrative privileges, i am set as administrator.

does the onboard video not comply?

thanks

:)

it is a 32 bit system, sorry

Easy Media Creator 10 is Certified for Windows Vista. We tested every component of the suite on both 32 and 64 bit Vista. Creator 10 includes a new version of CinePlayer which can play videos and DVDs. It will run great on your Athlon X2.

Tom

Edited by Tom at Roxio

Easy Media Creator 10 is Certified for Windows Vista. We tested every component of the suite on both 32 and 64 bit Vista. Creator 10 includes a new version of CinePlayer which can play videos and DVDs. It will run great on your Athlon X2.

Tom

thanks

Does this support .mov files, play/view, the easy cd i had before burnt them, but only played them in quicktime, is there anther format to use besides quicktime?

thanks

what is the US price?