• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Roxio 9.2 Needed.

LMD

Question

Taking 4 hours on highspeed cable, upgrade 9.1 finally downloaded ... only to find it does not work! Toward the end of installation, and while the message “Please wait while Windows configures Sonic CinePlayer Decoder Pack” is being displayed; another message “A network error occurred while attempting to read from the file: F:\b0e07.msi” pops up and installation is halted.

This is very similar to the 9.0 failure I began having after successfully using that release for 3-4 months.

What are my options?

HP m7780n Pavilion

Intel Core 2 CPU, 2.13 GHz

2046 MB RAM

1.3 TB Hard Drive(s)

32-bit Windows Vista Home Premium

7 answers to this question

Sounds like the download is corrupt. Download it again. it shouldn't take that long with cable even at the lower cable speeds.

Its the server. The little rodent that is powering the hard drive is having a difficult time of keeping up with demand. Took my download nearly an hour and I have a solid 6Mbps connection.

Appears to be a possible issue with HP Pavilions and Vista.

I have a Pavilion and Vista Premium, both EMC9 from CD and EMC9.1 from a download yesterday work the same way. No install crashes... but ( as indicated in my "Convert CD" thread http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=28338 ) some commercial audio CDs cause the entire PC to lock up.

I'm currently wondering if it's about DE-installing the bundled software before installing EMC Suite, which I did but which may not have worked properly. Did you try to do that?

Taking 4 hours on highspeed cable, upgrade 9.1 finally downloaded ... only to find it does not work! Toward the end of installation, and while the message “Please wait while Windows configures Sonic CinePlayer Decoder Pack” is being displayed; another message “A network error occurred while attempting to read from the file: F:\b0e07.msi” pops up and installation is halted.

This is very similar to the 9.0 failure I began having after successfully using that release for 3-4 months.

What are my options?

HP m7780n Pavilion

2046 MB RAM

1.3 TB Hard Drive(s)

Roxio EMC 9 is not designed to work over a network, is that the case?

My High Speed Cable connection downloaded the update in eighteen minutes!

cd

What are my options?

HP m7780n Pavilion

2046 MB RAM

1.3 TB Hard Drive(s)

I'm having the exact same issue with my HP m7680n and 32-bit Windows Vista Ultimate. Have you found a solution for this issue? I've tried every thing suggested here with no luck. Appears to be a possible issue with HP Pavilions and Vista.

Thanks, Bob

I'm having the exact same issue with my HP m7680n and 32-bit Windows Vista Ultimate. Have you found a solution for this issue? I've tried every thing suggested here with no luck. Appears to be a possible issue with HP Pavilions and Vista.

Thanks, Bob

LMD didn't bother to come back and answer the question asked of him, so no telling, from this thread, whether or not he found a solution.

I downloaded the file in about 20mins on a 10mb connection. The installation went perfectly. Strange thing though? The update showed my EMC9 as now being the Deluxe version? Also, the serial number is changed from my retail copy. I just left the default serial number in the boxes and all went well. There wasn't enough room for my old serial number that started with NR-*****-

I've now managed to burn a couple of discs and save directly from a digital camcorder which caused a crash last time I tried.

Looks good so far ???

Archived