Backup My PC after 9.1 update

Rachelx

Question

I have to say, I am very disappointed, and very annoyed at Roxio.

Back in october of last year I purchased the online version of EMC9.0 after seeing its feature set and that it would work with Vista. As well as creating DVDs from my DV tapes, I was able to back up my PC and restore perfectly and found that this would be more than Ideal.

All this changed when I had an upgrade to Vista. After installing/uninstalling and reinstalling again in various configurations, sending things off to 'tech support' etc I was told to wait for this update to be released.

Imagine my joy when it finally appeared 7 months later.

Now after installing the update, I have discovered that a vital part of the 'suite' has been removed. A part of the program which I had paid for with my hard-earned money has been taken away from me.

So, what do I do? I purchased the program as it was advertised as being ready for Vista, when it turns out it wasnt. When they finally make it 'compatible' they take away a major part of the program.

Surely now, I would be entitled to a refund? I have removed Roxio from my machine totally. I believe I have been sold this product whilst it is not fit for its purpose.

Any help greatly appreciated, I know this isnt 'tech support' but they are useless anyway!

I DO know that Roxio read these forums and would like them to reply.

6 answers to this question

I have to say, I am very disappointed, and very annoyed at Roxio.

Back in october of last year I purchased the online version of EMC9.0 after seeing its feature set and that it would work with Vista. As well as creating DVDs from my DV tapes, I was able to back up my PC and restore perfectly and found that this would be more than Ideal.

All this changed when I had an upgrade to Vista. After installing/uninstalling and reinstalling again in various configurations, sending things off to 'tech support' etc I was told to wait for this update to be released.

Imagine my joy when it finally appeared 7 months later.

Now after installing the update, I have discovered that a vital part of the 'suite' has been removed. A part of the program which I had paid for with my hard-earned money has been taken away from me.

So, what do I do? I purchased the program as it was advertised as being ready for Vista, when it turns out it wasnt. When they finally make it 'compatible' they take away a major part of the program.

Surely now, I would be entitled to a refund? I have removed Roxio from my machine totally. I believe I have been sold this product whilst it is not fit for its purpose.

Any help greatly appreciated, I know this isnt 'tech support' but they are useless anyway!

I DO know that Roxio read these forums and would like them to reply.

You could do as I did awhile back. Complain to the Better Business Bureau (www.bbbsilicon.org). This made me feel better, and got me results.

I'm having basically the same problem. I bought EMC9 two months ago only to get BUMP since it isn't available as a separate product that works under Vista. It doesn't install with EMC9 but at that time the Welcome window did include an update button that installed BUMP7 and all was good. I recently needed to re-install EMC9 and now the Welcome window just shows info about EMC10 - the update button is gone.

I contacted technical support. They have told me 1) the update is available on their web site - I told them I looked and couldn't find it; 2) I can use the Check for Updates menu item under Help in Roxio Creator 9 Home - I tried this but it tells me there are no updates; and 3) there is no update available. I replied that there was an update, that the only reason that I bought EMC9 was to get BUMP under Vista, and that I would like to get the complete product that I paid for.

I'll give them a few more days to properly respond, and then I'll try the BBB.

It's very disappointing how Roxio is handling this.

Open up the Roxio Home app and go to the Welcome section (if it doesn't open to there to begin with). Click on the Updates tab and there should be a link to download an updated BUMP 7

I had already checked for updates and no sign of BUMP 7....

I reinstalled Roxio to check on this, and this is what comes up on the welcome screen

(cut and paste)

The Digital Media ReportSeptember 14

Create Cool Jams with AutoMix

Upgrade to NEW Creator 10 + Save!

Special Offer: BackOnTrack

Creation Station: Vacation Video Secrets

Around the Web: Digital Cameras See the Light

Digital Media Picks: The Best Recordable Discs

Ask Roxio: Burning Two Discs at Once

Earn Money From Roxio!

Roxio Online Discussion Groups

You could do as I did awhile back. Complain to the Better Business Bureau (www.bbbsilicon.org). This made me feel better, and got me results.

Thanks for that, will it work since I'm in the UK?

I'm having basically the same problem. I bought EMC9 two months ago only to get BUMP since it isn't available as a separate product that works under Vista. It doesn't install with EMC9 but at that time the Welcome window did include an update button that installed BUMP7 and all was good. I recently needed to re-install EMC9 and now the Welcome window just shows info about EMC10 - the update button is gone.

I contacted technical support. They have told me 1) the update is available on their web site - I told them I looked and couldn't find it; 2) I can use the Check for Updates menu item under Help in Roxio Creator 9 Home - I tried this but it tells me there are no updates; and 3) there is no update available. I replied that there was an update, that the only reason that I bought EMC9 was to get BUMP under Vista, and that I would like to get the complete product that I paid for.

I'll give them a few more days to properly respond, and then I'll try the BBB.

It's very disappointing how Roxio is handling this.

If you contact the BBB can you find out from them if there is any help for UK purchasers? I believe Roxios servers are US based, so my purchase actually completed there?

Archived