• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Record Now and Smart Restore problem

Andre F

Question

I have a Packard Bell PC with Windows XP and the preinstalled software included Record Now. I had to uninstall this via the Smartr Restore system and then reinstall it. I have do ne this successfully twice before.

This time however when I try to reinstall I get a message "impossible to get CD-ROM letter" and then the PC automativcally reboots itself. Everything else seems to work fine on the PC.

Not being a PC expert I do not know what to do next and do not know if this is a problem with the Smart Restore or with Record Now.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Incidentallly I could not register this as a new product on the website as it asks me for the Version (which I cannot find as it is currently uninstalled) and for the CD code - I dont have a CD as it was preinstalled and that is not an option in the drop down box) ] But prehaps thats just down to my lack of knowledge!

1 answer to this question

I have a Packard Bell PC with Windows XP and the preinstalled software included Record Now. I had to uninstall this via the Smartr Restore system and then reinstall it. I have do ne this successfully twice before.

This time however when I try to reinstall I get a message "impossible to get CD-ROM letter" and then the PC automativcally reboots itself. Everything else seems to work fine on the PC.

Not being a PC expert I do not know what to do next and do not know if this is a problem with the Smart Restore or with Record Now.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Incidentallly I could not register this as a new product on the website as it asks me for the Version (which I cannot find as it is currently uninstalled) and for the CD code - I dont have a CD as it was preinstalled and that is not an option in the drop down box) ] But prehaps thats just down to my lack of knowledge!

Contact Packard Bell it's their OEM version of Roxio, as well as their Smart Restore.

Archived