• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 22 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

EMC 10 or EMC 9-

Bob Simoneau

Question

It would appear that functionality was removed from 9.1 to create Version 10. Most companies rewrote their products to become compatible with Vista. Roxio seemed to have removed any components that had problems with Vista. Ex. Drag&Drop, Backup My PC, Disc copier for data, and then put it out as a new version to be repurchased. I think I'll reconsider purchase at Version 11.

3 answers to this question

You can still copy data CD or DVD to CD/DVD, using Copy Disc on home page. It's just a separate component from DVD copy/convert where in 9 the one app did both. You can also create .gi or.iso image of a data CD. For Audio CDs, it only gives .gi as option, which is unfortnate as disc image loader does not recognise them.

FYI, I beleve Nero is also dropping InCD. presumably for the same reason Roxio has dropped drag to disc: Vista has native packet writing to CD/DVD.

You can still copy data CD or DVD to CD/DVD, using Copy Disc on home page. It's just a separate component from DVD copy/convert where in 9 the one app did both. You can also create .gi or.iso image of a data CD. For Audio CDs, it only gives .gi as option, which is unfortnate as disc image loader does not recognise them.

FYI, I beleve Nero is also dropping InCD. presumably for the same reason Roxio has dropped drag to disc: Vista has native packet writing to CD/DVD.

I've not tried Nero but some I know told me that InCD was listed but was already 'x-ed' out. I never got to find out if this was in XP or Vista but do know it was the latest version.

Up to Nero 7.10, InCD was not installing by default. Instead, one had to go the custom route and clear the "x." Packet writing is so unreliable I assume Nero preferred to provide it only if someone insisted.

I keep watching but no Roxio EMC 10 is on the retail shelves yet. Anyone know when?

Archived