• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Help! do I need cineplayer DVd decoder pack? OR

kurt07

Question

hello Thers is no topic for cineplayer decoder pack!!! So, I have a DVD/CD that just plays mucis Cd's samsung sp0411n? roxio chat person told me I can download cineplayer and then i will be able to watch DVD movies too.???I know she did not go to samsungs web site to ck if mine will do this!! but I need to know befor i speed 14.99 if it will read DVD movie disks??? 2ed ?'s, And I just bought a DVD/CD writer & rewiter from Ativa that came with nero 7 essentials. will this device play dvd movies or do i still need to install cineplayer decoder pack?? I hope some knows what I sould do or not do??? thanks :rolleyes::unsure::unsure:

5 answers to this question

Vista Home Premium and Ultimate edition include the codecs to play DVDs.

Thanks for the feedback, I should have checked this myself and included in the post, just too lazy. vista Business is not what I would have purchased but since I got copies of it free through the promotions Microsoft is always offering when introducing new versions, that is what I use. Figure I am still many $'s ahead even with purchase of codec ($0.00 for Vista Business vs ~$14.00 for codec).

SAMSUNG's SpinPoint, 40GB, - 7200 RPM | SP0411N Hard Drive.

To identify your drive in XP. Right click my computer and click properties. The system properties window opens, click the Hardware tab and then click device manager. The Device Manager Window opens. From the top view, make sure a dot is next to view devices by type. Click the + next to DVD/CD-Rom Drives. Post what it reads?

cd

And I just bought a DVD/CD writer & rewiter from Ativa
Yes, a DVD burner will also play back a video DVD. You should be able to play a video DVD using Windows Media Player. Depending on your computer, you may or may not need the CinePlayer codec pack. Most newer computers already have a way to play back video DVDs.

But I'm a bit puzzled why you are posting in this forum. If you don't own Easy Media Creator 10, we can move the discussion to the General Forum.

You should be able to play a video DVD using Windows Media Player.

Slight qualification to this statement, since some may be using Vista. Not all versions of Vista can play a movie DVD in Window Media Player. I know Vista Business cannot do this without a codec pack. I do not re-call which versions will and which will not, other than Business.

Slight qualification to this statement, since some may be using Vista. Not all versions of Vista can play a movie DVD in Window Media Player. I know Vista Business cannot do this without a codec pack. I do not re-call which versions will and which will not, other than Business.

Vista Home Premium and Ultimate edition include the codecs to play DVDs.

Archived