Invalid CD Key Code

Tmans

Question

5 answers to this question

While you're at it, download the DLA patch for Vista for the next error you'll get during installation.

I never received this invalid cd key message until AFTER I attempted to install the 9.1 update. The patch uninstalled EMC but didn't re-install anything else. So I did a clean install per the Roxio KB, ran registry cleaners, ran roxizap and went through my registry by hand and tried to install EMC 9.0 with the error. Nothing has worked to remove the error (with the exception of the patch above) on a sytem that never had this error to begin with.

I had the exact same experience as you. After trying to update to 9.1, the whole thing felll apart. I did a clean install of 9.0, did the DLA patch, and everything else worked fine. I am not going to do the 9.1 update . .. I will leave enough alone.

I just bought emc 9, I can't get past the Cd Key Code # it keeps telling me I have an INVALID Key Code and to try again. I have tired it a dozen times and it will not go through. Any Ideas, before I return it for another one.

There is a patch for that

http://patches.sonic.com/techsupport/emc9rmv.zip

but your anti-virus may have to be turned off to download it.

There is a patch for that

http://patches.sonic.com/techsupport/emc9rmv.zip

but your anti-virus may have to be turned off to download it.

Ok, I just exchanged for another, The sales person told me this one should work that the other copy must of been damaged, well guess what it still will not work. I got the same message as before, Can you tell me step by step how to do this patch thing, I have downloaded it and its on my desk top. Thanks

While you're at it, download the DLA patch for Vista for the next error you'll get during installation.

I never received this invalid cd key message until AFTER I attempted to install the 9.1 update. The patch uninstalled EMC but didn't re-install anything else. So I did a clean install per the Roxio KB, ran registry cleaners, ran roxizap and went through my registry by hand and tried to install EMC 9.0 with the error. Nothing has worked to remove the error (with the exception of the patch above) on a sytem that never had this error to begin with.

Ok, I just exchanged for another, The sales person told me this one should work that the other copy must of been damaged, well guess what it still will not work. I got the same message as before, Can you tell me step by step how to do this patch thing, I have downloaded it and its on my desk top. Thanks

1. Download the patch that is linked to above for the invalid cd key and unzip it to the desktop. You anti-virus software may recognize it as a virus, but it's not. The DLA patch I referenced turns out to fix a problem with Drag to Disk. (I remove D2D after installation, so I just acknowledge the error and don't mess with the dla patch.)

2. Turn off your internet connection and then turn off your anti-virus.

3. Run the .exe that was unzipped to your desktop.

4. Insert your EMC cd, but don't let it autorun. Instead, open the cd (right click the drive your cd is in and choose open), and then right click the setup file and choose Run as Administrator.

You should now be able to install EMC. If you have any other problems or questions, let us know.

Archived