• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

User Manual Emc 8

buckyintexas@aol.com

Question

3 answers to this question

The help files are quite extensive, and there is an online tutorial (open Roxio Home, Help, tutorial)

But I agree a printed manual or pdf file would be nice (my retail version did include a 'getting stated guide', but this is not really very useful).

Amazon (US) does have the EMC8 for dummies available and one other book (in a snap) coming out soon.

I purchased the Easy Media Creator 8 from Office Depot. There is no user manual included. Where can I download the manual? If the manual is on the CD, what is it named. When I do a file search, I am unable to locate any PDF files.

The user manual that came with the software is helpful to a degree, howevera new book has just been published for EMC 8 entitled Roxio Easy Media Creator 8 for Dummies and is available at Dummies.com for 21.99$. I recently reviewed the version of the same book for EMC 7 and i found it very helpful. Good luck!

The user manual that came with the software is helpful to a degree, howevera new book has just been published for EMC 8 entitled Roxio Easy Media Creator 8 for Dummies and is available at Dummies.com for 21.99$. I recently reviewed the version of the same book for EMC 7 and i found it very helpful. Good luck!

Is it just me or has anybody else noticed the unsettling trend towards software without instruction manuals? Granted, the help system with EMC 8 is quite extensive, but, like most help files that accompany software, is not something you can just sit down with, read a while, and truly learn from.

Now I'm not saying Roxio is the only culpret...look at Microsoft's office suite. It comes with a manual about 3 pages thick! Then there are the new games, like The Sims 2, which have absolutely no instructions whatsoever and if you want to halfway understand what the heck is going on you have to fork over $20 for the game guide!!!

I really wish that new software products would come with a complete manual instead of having to figure in the extra cost of getting the book that tells me how to run the dam thing!!! :)

Archived