• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

DVD Music Disc & Smart Objects

idhToronto

Question

I am trying to create a DVD music disc using Music Disc Creator. I selected a JPEG file to be the background for all Menus and Track Lists. This works fine and my JPEG becomes the background. If I modify the JPEG file and try to use the modified version as the background, Music Disc Creator does not display the modified version. In fact if I even delete the JPEG file from the folder, Music Disc Creator still displays the JPEG as the background.

Is there some kind of cache or similar folder that needs to be cleared in oder for Music Disc Creator to see use the updated JPEG as its background.

Ian

10 answers to this question

I don't think it will change the picture while the project is still open.Try saving the project with the original picture then close Music Disc Creator.Edit your pic and save it but make sure it keeps the same name.Now open Music Disc Creator and open your saved project.It should now show the edited picture,at least it did when I tried it.

Does anyone even use Roxio anymore to make Music DVDs? This was something I really found as a nice feature in EMC9 but am getting so frustrated with it is EMC10 as all the features that worked in 9 now seem to not work in 10.

The method Terry posted also works for me. Another way would be to save the edited image with a new name and then loading that image as the background. This way would save your original picture.

The method Terry posted also works for me. Another way would be to save the edited image with a new name and then loading that image as the background. This way would save your original picture.

I'll try that and see. I am also noticing that when setting the Track Menu pages, if you use Smart Objects you cant see all the elements. The Album Art, navigation buttons, track name, artist etc objects do not appear even after i have changed the background from the default black

My bad.

Ok,I tried that also.Seems to work ok if I'm looking at what you have a problem with.Look at this and see if it's what you're trying to see.If so then it works ok for me.

What happens if you look at the Track Menu. By default Roxio sets it to a black background. When i change the background i do not see any of the SmartObjects such as Track art etc.

What happens if you look at the Track Menu. By default Roxio sets it to a black background. When i change the background i do not see any of the SmartObjects such as Track art etc.

To be honest this is really the least of my worries....the blasted Pure Virtual 6025 error occurs so many times and it just seems to be a battle between Microsoft and other software companies as to where the problem lies.

No matter which menu I choose I can either use a picture or just a plain background of whichever color I choose and still see all the tracks,icons,etc...

I did notice that if the background is black you don't see some of the lettering because it is also black.That being said I also didn't find a way to change the default color of the lettering.

Archived