• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

"roxio has encountered a problem and needs to close"

ozzman321

Question

:( In roxio 10, when I try to open any component in audio, only rip cd's and jukebox disc opens, All of the rest, such as automix,batch converter,sound editor,capture audio,convert lp & tapes,tag editor,multi ripper,quick music dvd,and music disc creator do not open, instead I get (Roxio.......has encountered a problem and needs to close) error message. Can anyone help me here???

6 answers to this question

:( In roxio 10, when I try to open any component in audio, only rip cd's and jukebox disc opens, All of the rest, such as automix,batch converter,sound editor,capture audio,convert lp & tapes,tag editor,multi ripper,quick music dvd,and music disc creator do not open, instead I get (Roxio.......has encountered a problem and needs to close) error message. Can anyone help me here???

Not sure it will help but try running a repair install. It seems that the install did not complete.

I have the same problem. I have followed the CLEAN install dot by dot, stopped all startup services and have installed EMC10. Every time I do anything that involves video, I get the "encountered problem...". I have a Dell Inspiron 6000 with WinXP, 1.6MHz Centrino, 512MB RAM.

I installed the software on my PC (winXP Prof., 2.4GHz, 2G RAM) with the same results!

MikeT - 512 MB of RAM is not enough really to handle video work but, having said that, can you let uis know what graphics card you are using (in both machines) as this does have an important bearing on the video function

Jeets - this also applies to you: tell us your system specs

Not sure it will help but try running a repair install. It seems that the install did not complete.

Iv'e tried repair installs for all of them, but I keep getting the same error message all the time-does it work with easy media creator 6 installed? I think I read something about that, I'm not sure... :(

Archived