CD Ripping

SPJ29

Question

4 answers to this question

I have acquired Media Creator 9 with a new PC and I was wondering if it can rip music from cd's.

I think it should be able to as I have Easy CD Creator 5 Platinum which is great but does not work with vista.

Please tell me MC9 can rip CD's

Yes, there are a few ways to rip cd's in EMC9---all very easily. If after you get it installed you still have questions, come back here and we'll gladly show you how it can be done. Or, view the tutorials.

Yes, there are a few ways to rip cd's in EMC9---all very easily. If after you get it installed you still have questions, come back here and we'll gladly show you how it can be done. Or, view the tutorials.

Can you point me in the direction of the CD ripping tutorials as I have looked but cant find them.

When I say CD Ripping I mean Ripping to Hard disk I hope that is what you mean.

Thanks for your help.

When I say CD Ripping I mean Ripping to Hard disk I hope that is what you mean.

Do you plan to add cover art? IMO, WMP 11 is better at ripping CD's. To rip a cd using EMC, do the following:

1. Start EMC Home

2. Select Audio from the menu on the left

3. On the menu to the right, select extract CD's

ripcd.jpg

4. Select the destination for your ripped music

5. Select options to make any desired changes

options.jpg

You cannot change the name of the file unless you open the Change Audio Files on the right menu under Audio. The next photo shows how the file is saved (02 The Thin Ice) and what it will look like after renaming it (In the Flesh)

diff.jpg

Another way to do it in EMC in which you can change file info is top go to Start--> All Programs--> Roxio--> Audio--> Music Disc Creator. Click on Import from CD/DVD, let Gracenote identify your disc, highlite the songe you want to rip, Click Add, select your options, then copy to the hard drive.

Like I said, I prefer WMP 11 for ripping CD's. I set up the options I want, leave WMP in the rip tab, and then it's just a matter of putting in a new cd, closing the drive and waiting until the drive door opens and repeat. It is much faster and includes most correct album art. But it's up to you.

Archived