how to capture from a made dvd

gabby648

Question

I just bought the Roxio 9 and have ordered the new roxio 10, but can not even get started in roxio 9. My intention was to burn some home movies and edit them. I copied the movies from a vcr tape to a dvd, finalized it and it plays on my pc. But I get lost in trying to import it. I first tried capturing it from the dvd player, then put it on my desktop and tried capturing it from there - files pop up for me, but I'm not sure which or what to try and capture. I keep trying with different ones and it tells me something like can't copy files as you can't edit them?? This is not a simple process - seems to be it's be easier somewhat if these companies gave you manuals too. I even downloaded some of the tips and info from the tutorials and tried following that, but I must be doing something wrong? Can anyone help.

Very confused

2 answers to this question

I just bought the Roxio 9 and have ordered the new roxio 10, but can not even get started in roxio 9. My intention was to burn some home movies and edit them. I copied the movies from a vcr tape to a dvd, finalized it and it plays on my pc. But I get lost in trying to import it. I first tried capturing it from the dvd player, then put it on my desktop and tried capturing it from there - files pop up for me, but I'm not sure which or what to try and capture. I keep trying with different ones and it tells me something like can't copy files as you can't edit them?? This is not a simple process - seems to be it's be easier somewhat if these companies gave you manuals too. I even downloaded some of the tips and info from the tutorials and tried following that, but I must be doing something wrong? Can anyone help.

Very confused

What is the intention of capturing? Do you want to edit the movie already on DVD? If so, you can use use Vidwowave and bring in the vob files from the DVD to Videowave. If importing vob from the DVD to Videowave fails, some users reported success in copying the vob files to hard drive and rename them with mpg extension. Then bring in the mpg files to Videowave.

You can download the manuals as pdf files:

EMC 10 manual:

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=27675

EMC 9 manual:

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=8788

I don't quite follow what you are trying to do, nor how you have tried: please specify which part of EMC 9 you are trying to use. What types of files are on your DVD disc?

Archived