• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Slideshow Assistant

Willard M

Question

13 answers to this question

In Photoshop I created a 6"x4.5" transparent background. I then sized and pasted a portrait image to the transparent background and sized the height at 4.5". I saved the image in .png format to preserve the transparent background. I made a movie with several portrait images for a test. On the computer monitor and on the TV the sidebars were in effect transparent so the image while not filling the screen across did not show any color on the sides. I don't know how this would work for multimedia projection as the brilliant light would show through the transparent sidebars and wash out the picture. It is the same as putting the image on a colored panel but using a transparent background instead.

Hi Williard,

Thanks for replying. I followed your directions and the effect I get is white on the sides where the black would be otherwise ... am I following you correctly? Thanks :)

karri

Karri

Thank you. I did get some help on your transition post and am in the process of learning how to use it. I was able to make a stack and get it to Video Wave but when I try to save it or transfer it to My DVD I lose it somewhere. I noticed that the Roxio samples of stacks are MPG. When I make and save them they show as .dmsd format. I will figure it out. I did like the transitions available for some really great effects.

You are correct on .tif files. I would not use them other then I was just playing around to see the different effects with just a few pictures. .tif files are probably way to big to use to make a large movie.

I would use .jpg or .png format for my movies. .png allows for pasting a picture to a transparent background and then the sidebars don't show when image is in portrait mode. I do the image first in Photoshop before adding the the movie.

Thanks again for the help. I still have a long way to go. This is a big program to learn.

Willard :D

Karri

Thank you. I did get some help on your transition post and am in the process of learning how to use it. I was able to make a stack and get it to Video Wave but when I try to save it or transfer it to My DVD I lose it somewhere. I noticed that the Roxio samples of stacks are MPG. When I make and save them they show as .dmsd format. I will figure it out. I did like the transitions available for some really great effects.

You are correct on .tif files. I would not use them other then I was just playing around to see the different effects with just a few pictures. .tif files are probably way to big to use to make a large movie.

I would use .jpg or .png format for my movies. .png allows for pasting a picture to a transparent background and then the sidebars don't show when image is in portrait mode. I do the image first in Photoshop before adding the the movie.

Thanks again for the help. I still have a long way to go. This is a big program to learn.

dmsd file are not video files but simply a listing of the source files of your project, the editing, menu creation, etc. When you save your DVD project you create the dmsd file. (In Videowave you create a dmsm file of your project listing) To create a DVD of you project, you have to select the burn option.. I think the Roxio sample files you are referring to were created in Videowave but selecting the o[tion "Output as ..." and selecting one of the mpg formats (preferable DVD, best quality). You then launch myDVD and add the mpg file using "Add movie"

You're welcome. Yes, I use either Slideshow or Cinemagic as a starting point to see how those special effects/transitions are done. Then I switch to Videowave in step 3 to continue on the production. :)

PS: By the way, great job on that Tips 'n Tricks on custom multiple photo printing. Thank you for sharing and posting!

Good plan! I can't wait to go in and explore more ideas from the pre-made special effects. And many thanks for the note about the other post :)

Karri

Can you elaborate on what you did here. It looks like the effect I am looking for. Where is the command picture motion path to start. I don't understand that.

Willard

Hi Willard,

myguggi and malatekid seem to have you covered so far. Let me know if you still need elaboration :) This is an effect I had viewed on another production somewhere on the Internet and had made a mental note to try to reproduce it but never got around to it. So it was great to come across this thread with malatekid's tip about Slideshow.

karri

I saved the individual images in .tif format and layers. When I put them into MY DVD and applied the transition the transition effect only applied itself to the layered (top) portion of the image.

Willard

Maybe one of the gurus could comment on whether you might have problems using tiff files. I think most people save to jpg, gif, or png before adding to applications to view on DVD or the Internet.

Karri

Hi Willard,

I am glad you are on track with the "stacked" photos effect. I learn new things about the program each time I have a chance to play with it, or just when I read the forums. Thanks for posting about it.

When you save as a transparent png to eliminate sidebars in Videowave, do you mean you extend the background, or that you get white bars instead of the black bars, or something else?

I create the DVD just as myguggi stated in his last post. I find if I output the productions to mpg files, it's easy to add to my DVD projects.

Thanks for the ideas :)

karri

Hi Willard,

I am glad you are on track with the "stacked" photos effect. I learn new things about the program each time I have a chance to play with it, or just when I read the forums. Thanks for posting about it.

When you save as a transparent png to eliminate sidebars in Videowave, do you mean you extend the background, or that you get white bars instead of the black bars, or something else?

I create the DVD just as myguggi stated in his last post. I find if I output the productions to mpg files, it's easy to add to my DVD projects.

Thanks for the ideas :)

karri

In Photoshop I created a 6"x4.5" transparent background. I then sized and pasted a portrait image to the transparent background and sized the height at 4.5". I saved the image in .png format to preserve the transparent background. I made a movie with several portrait images for a test. On the computer monitor and on the TV the sidebars were in effect transparent so the image while not filling the screen across did not show any color on the sides. I don't know how this would work for multimedia projection as the brilliant light would show through the transparent sidebars and wash out the picture. It is the same as putting the image on a colored panel but using a transparent background instead.

Archived