audio/video not synchronized during preview

pookie

Question

I am curious if anyone else has experienced the same issue I am having in the preview tool in MyDVD. I just started using EMC9. I have created a DVD movie from an AVI file that I converted to an MPEG using EMC9's transcoding procedure. The AVI file was a recorded TV showing of the movie Air Force One. I used the timeline in MyDVD to cut out the commercials and add chapter menues. The process went smoothly. However, I noticed one problem.

When trying to playback the video in the the timeline view or the preview tool in MyDVD, the video and audio are not synchronized or in tune with each other. The video starts out OK, but the A/V quickly become out of synch. Each one by itself is good quality and very satisfactory. However, this issue makes it difficult to determine where the start and stop points should be around the commercials at times. The funny thing is that whe I use the trimming feature for a section of video in the edit view (i.e. one that contains the timeline, storyline view, etc.), the A/V are in synch again.

Has anyone experienced this issue? If so, how did you resolve it? I haven't tested it fully yet meaning that maybe the issue will correct itself when the DVD is burned or the file is made. However, it would be nice to have the A/V always in synch during editing.

I have an HP Pavilion 7680n Media Center PC I purchased brand new in November 2006. It has ample hard drive space, a Core2 Duo Processor, Nividia 7300 LE graphics card, 2G RAM. I am running Windows XP 2002 Service Pack 2 Media Center Edition.

3 answers to this question

as wonderful as all this sounds (and yes, I do know about the so called 'fix' to keep the sync error to an unseen minimum) this doesn't mean this is the way it should be. As I have made a different comparison with the automobiel industry, I will give another one ... If the handle from the turn signal is broken, you don't built a different handle to make it work, you fix the broken handle ... work arounds are nice, and may cut down on the frustration ... but it isn't a fix.. and definitely not why I payed money for a product ....

Did it really take you 2 months to find this post so that you could contribute absolutely nothing???

Sound Sync problems started with the first Non-Linear video editing was brought to market!

I am struggling with one right now that gets progressively worse until it is 8 to 10 seconds out of sync by one hour… A 27 minute one I did yesterday, never wavers!

If you do a search for, sync, you will get plenty of things to try.

Edit: The "fix" that worked in mine was to insert a Split every 10 minutes in VideoWave. Sync stayed put and it is pretty easy to do! I save the project in VW (dmsm), then Add Title in MyDVD and pick the dmsm file.

Of course if you edited commercials you would have had plenty of splits! – seems like every 3 minutes…

But if you did an Output rather than a Save, all the splits are gone…

Sound Sync problems started with the first Non-Linear video editing was brought to market!

I am struggling with one right now that gets progressively worse until it is 8 to 10 seconds out of sync by one hour… A 27 minute one I did yesterday, never wavers!

If you do a search for, sync, you will get plenty of things to try.

Edit: The "fix" that worked in mine was to insert a Split every 10 minutes in VideoWave. Sync stayed put and it is pretty easy to do! I save the project in VW (dmsm), then Add Title in MyDVD and pick the dmsm file.

Of course if you edited commercials you would have had plenty of splits! – seems like every 3 minutes…

But if you did an Output rather than a Save, all the splits are gone…

as wonderful as all this sounds (and yes, I do know about the so called 'fix' to keep the sync error to an unseen minimum) this doesn't mean this is the way it should be. As I have made a different comparison with the automobiel industry, I will give another one ... If the handle from the turn signal is broken, you don't built a different handle to make it work, you fix the broken handle ... work arounds are nice, and may cut down on the frustration ... but it isn't a fix.. and definitely not why I payed money for a product ....

Archived