• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Re installation

khrish

Question

I load the update for EMC9 and the problems began. I have done every thing that the reinstall instructions say and then the program would load until it almost finished. On (publish product info) it asked me to insert the disc, which was already in the drive, it seemed, suddenly, not to read the disc. so it took the disc out and re-entered it in the drive but it kept asking for the disc to be inserted. I then had to cancel the program. I have done this for about four times.

I then went in and did the clean install again and again disabled all in start menu. Now it tells me that "the Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. I have been at this all day and am unable to reinstall this program. I don't even want the update anymore. I just want to get my laptop back to where it was with the addition of the EMC9. Can you please tell me what I need to do. I am exhausted! I don't own another program that has give the problem that EMC9 is giving me now. What is wrong with this thing. I purchased my program, it was not a download and it went on as easy as butter when I first installed it.

:(

5 answers to this question

Guessed wrong again!!!

khrish has Vista Home Premium.

He also has another thread that said he could not get V10 to load on that PC either!

Let's see, 2 different software packages will not load on that PC.

They will load on his laptop.

And he concludes there is something wrong with the software???

I would be looking at reformatting that PC…

Nope! I tried to load it on Windows Vista some time ago and was unsuccessful. I had it loaded on Win Xp Media and it was working just fine. Then I applied the update and all hell broke loose. I am using ECM9 Suite. Everything has gone wrong, now I can't even get any sound and the windows installer can't even connect.

Guessed wrong again!!!

...And he concludes there is something wrong with the software???...

At least I said I was guessing, where you stated some "facts" incorrectly and came out looking like an .........

If a software that claims to be Vista Certified fails to load on a Vista OS machine, 32 or 64 bit, then yes, there is something wrong with the software. When Roxio/Sonic learned that Microsoft was going to make/just had made a change in Vista, why didRoxio/Sonic continue to ship EMC 9.0 out the door? It would've been more acceptible to say "we're holding the release until we ensure EMC 9 will work properly" than to say "a patch will be out in weeks, no days, no weeks, no failed testing, no weeks."

So by your spost, you're saying my computer with Vista 64 bit OS is to blame for a patch that is supposed to make EMC 9.0 Vista compliant? :blink: In another post, you bashed me for holding onto an OS that hadn't matured yet and that there were many reasons why Vista isn't a good OS, but you never gave any reasons why. If it hasn't matured yet, then why would I dump it? That means its full potential hasn't been reached.

One last note to you James...you'd better start checking your attitude at the login screen. You are very quick to bash people who are already frustrated and need help, which immediately puts them on the defensive. It's time you learned when to reply to a post and when not to.

One last note to you James...you'd better start checking your attitude at the login screen. You are very quick to bash people who are already frustrated and need help, which immediately puts them on the defensive. It's time you learned when to reply to a post and when not to.

Hmm - seems to me someone else should heed their own advice.

btw - google search for Vista 64 problems and see what comes up. It could surprise you

Let me guess, you're running Vista with 64 bit? Those are the same problems I had. I was able to clean my system to the point I could re-install 9.0. I used roxizap, a couple of registry cleaners, the KB on doing a fresh install, the windows installer cleanup utility, and going through the registry by hand. I started to get the "Invalid CD Key" error during re-install which I had to use the patch to correct that error. In the end, I re-formatted my hard drive just because there were some remnants I just couldn't find.

Roxio Clean Install for Vista

Windows Installer Cleanup Utility

RoxiZap

Invalid CD Key Patch

Let me guess, you're running Vista with 64 bit? Those are the same problems I had. I was able to clean my system to the point I could re-install 9.0. I used roxizap, a couple of registry cleaners, the KB on doing a fresh install, the windows installer cleanup utility, and going through the registry by hand. I started to get the "Invalid CD Key" error during re-install which I had to use the patch to correct that error. In the end, I re-formatted my hard drive just because there were some remnants I just couldn't find.

Roxio Clean Install for Vista

Windows Installer Cleanup Utility

RoxiZap

Invalid CD Key Patch

Guessed wrong again!!!

khrish has Vista Home Premium.

He also has another thread that said he could not get V10 to load on that PC either!

Let's see, 2 different software packages will not load on that PC.

They will load on his laptop.

And he concludes there is something wrong with the software???

I would be looking at reformatting that PC…

Archived